Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Yeah sounds like a dummy spit but one that was easily noticed by the team.
    Not a good look for either him or the team, but maybe being a more public punishment will make him think twice.

Or... he was pissed off because when he came in the pits he told the team the bike was perfect and to not touch anything, BUT... they went on, changed the clutch and started filchering with the telemetry.
    I put my blame equally on him and one of the worst teams in recent MotoGP history.

Yamaha has ruined Rossi late career not listening to him and stubbornly pushing the development in Vinales' direction when Rossi asked his own changes (which when the japanese finally caved in brought immediatly better outcomes), it has ruined last year vicechampion's season making him race with a 2 YEAR old customer bike which is shameful and suicidal for a brand that wants to win no matter what it takes (but obviously that would have shown already how overrated both Vinales and Quartararo are and bad publicity for the well paid official pair), and now it has half ruined Vinales admitedly already dwindling career.
    Their only redeeming value is that they have a decent pilot which is going to win a championship mostly out of luck, plain consistency and real lack of opponents.
    Basically in 1 season time they are probably going to find themselves in Honda pit of despair, which even ex-wonder man can't manage to solve (ehi, dude, fancied winning championships relying on electronics saving your crazy mad arse? Think again, DUDE - also, cannot wait when in the future one of the upcoming Moto2 riders will clash his bike fairings and push him in the dirt. Drama tears and caliente feels are up and coming for Puig sissy boy).
    But then, again... who's surprised about these teams recent problems? Japanese, com'on.

Suzuki? Shambles. No wonder Brivio said his goodbyes and never looked back even once.
    KTM? Internal politics and not a clear direction for the future.
    Ducati? Oh, lol, we really want to go there? That's the epitome of internal politics and "Our bike is always worthy more of any rider" aloof attitude - Dall'Igna makes Horner and Ron Dennis look like samaritans, in comparison, the beardy cunt.
    Aprilia? Just forget about Dovizioso and get a real champion like... Vinales? WAT?

MotoGP is in its nadir and dreadfully so.
    There is World Superbike... if it wouldn't be, as always and forever, sunday club and plebs affairs.
    Last edited by Blerpa; August 12th, 2021 at 10:23 PM.

Junior Potato
    Looks like it was written by an Italian

Junior Potato
    BTW I agree with your whole post. You bring insight that I haven’t seen in the regular English-speaking media that takes up our airwaves.

Honestly tho... the average quality of MotoGP rider in general is bad, to me.
    Rossi is old and his time in MotoGP has ended.
    Vinales has not delivered on the eternal promise of being a future champion.
    Quartararo? Still personally believing he is a Criville or an Hayden more than a Marquez or a Rossi, heck not even Lorenzo or Stoner material.
    Morbidelli has next season to shine or lose it all.
    Dovizioso was treated like shit by Ducati (as usual per the Borgo Panigale house) but his sabbatical year and his "Uhm, I would race, but no, I won't" attitude with Aprilia is going to bite him back especially since he has not lowered his economical demands at all.
    Pedrosa has seen the writing on the wall and left with dignity, he is doing good at developing and was brilliant in his comeback (one of the rare riders that impressed me this season. More time passes more I think he was always too underrated, even by my own self).
    Petrucci was badly shown the door at KTM.
    The Suzuki pair? They crumbled like snow at spring, although the bike is quite not up to par (but the new lowering gimmick seems to have helped in last race). Bagnaia and Miller? They spend most of the time being embarassed by a not stellar Zarco - and soon they will suffer the Ducati curse.
    On the Honda riders I truly dunno what to say? The bike is shit, but they struggle no matter what and none of them is a real talent beside Marquez.
    Oliveira? He actually tries, kudos to this guy.
    The young ones need still a lot of experience and would do better if they wouldn't be on lame customer bikes (though last year Morbido has shown that talent can help).

So, teams are in dire straits - and MotoGP fame and following is vanishing, but riders are a bit at fault too.
    Last edited by Blerpa; August 13th, 2021 at 08:35 AM.

Junior Potato
    Yep. MotoGP has had an incredible lineage of amazing talent stretching back to the 70s, and with the departure of Rossi and the woes of Marquez, they no longer have the Next Great Rider ready to dominate. I don’t follow the lower classes so I don’t know who’s coming from Moto2 or 3, but in general it’s not looking good for the near future.

I will say that I see more stupid crashes…mid corner low sides while riding by one self…in the last few years of watching than I ever saw watching the old 2 stroke 500 riders of the 80’s and 90’s. And those old bikes were a fucking handful compared to today.

Either those old guys were legends (yes) or the new batch are mediocre (yes).

Junior Potato
    Both yes

But also the bikes are very reliant on edge grip these days, where 2mm of tyre is make or break. Riders need to be so precise. It's a wonder that Rossi has managed to stay off the back row of the grid at all since 2007.

LOL. No spoilers.

Junior Potato
    Yeah that was a classic.