Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Also for US folks, MotoGP and WSBK are both on NBCSN this year, which is great news, since it's much more widely available than BEIN sports.

Even 4 GPs will be on NBC proper, which is awesome. Although interestingly, not the USGP.

However, 11 of the races will be tape-delayed. And I'm sure no FP or Qualifying coverage

Also, only 6 WSBK races will be covered, not the whole season. Though I'm not sure if it's both races or just race 2 from the 6 locations.

It's not perfect, but at least I don't need to spend over $100 for the video pass. Maybe if they get good feedback, they'll add more coverage at least on their app next year.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    They might have to treat it like the "fly away" sequences where they do a few races before returning.
    Maybe once they get to Europe it will be ok. I’m not aware of any travel restrictions for Italians in continental Europe, and the Italian GP will be a few months down the track when this has surely either died down or gone rampant enough that people will be free to travel regardless of location.

Sooo Race 1 was quite the spectacle.

Yes it was. Some amazing stuff then almost a let down.
    But nice to see a new winner and basically just great to see them out on the track.

Had some nice highsides this weekend. Good to see Rossi get a podium.

Tried to find some solid info on this but I’ll just ask here:

It’s been many years since I followed MotoGP(filling my F1 gap). But when I stopped there were some teams still running different engine configurations like VTwin, in-line 4 etc. It sounds like everyone is running V4 now. Is this true?

Also everyone is talking about Quartararo, and he is definitely a good rider. But he is clearly 2nd fastest. Marquez is just in a different world than anyone else right now.

Now I’m going to watch some GP 500 races on YouTube...because so much power and so little traction.
    Last edited by JoeW; July 27th, 2020 at 07:06 AM.

World Superbike has more variety in engines, since they are based on production engines.

I dont remember twins, Honda used a V5.
    There was a mix of inline and V4, but it seems V4 has won out.

Memory fades but didn’t Ducati start with a twin? Maybe I am confusing WSB with MotoGP now...

Yeah looked it up. The twins were WSB.
    Last edited by JoeW; July 27th, 2020 at 07:14 PM.

Junior Potato
    Ducati started with a V4. The last twin in MotoGP was a two-stroke.

Currently the makeup is this:

V4:
    Honda
    Ducati
    Suzuki
    Aprilia

I4:
    Yamaha

In the past we had V5s, triples (Aprilia RS3) and whatnot.

So at the Czech GP I have to call BS on the penalty to Zarco.

As upset as I was seeing Pol go down in what may have been a KTM 1-2 for their maiden victory, and Zarco has kinda seemed like a twat ever since he left Tech3... I kinda agree. But I'm no motorcycle racer, and other than Ducati, I hadn't heard much protest.

That said, Zarco made that penalty about as small as possible. That long lap was pretty impressive.