Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Junior Potato
    I have to agree with Simon Crafar’s assessment of the incident: Zarco didn’t get his bike into the gap early enough, and neither rider could see the other. Plus, as Crafar said, the racing line there requires that bikes will run it wide (though not as wide as Pol Asparagus was) before hooking it in for a second apex in order to shoot it straight out for a good exit into turn 2, and Zarco HAD to have known that that was the line Esparago was going to take eventually, given that he really did still have the right to take that apex.

It is incumbent on the passing rider to not cause an incident, and Zarco failed here.

Yeah that was pretty funny.

This is my first year following motorcycle racing since the early 2000s so I had no idea KTM hadn’t won anything before. That was cool to witness.

Here is how Casey Stoner saw it...

Former MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has called out MotoGP officials over the decision to give Johann Zarco a long-lap penalty during tonight’s race at Brno.

“That’s discrasful [sic] MotoGP,” Stoner said in a tweet.

“Zarco did nothing wrong, if you run wide you cannot expect to cut back to the curb without anyone being there. Terrible call from the officials.”

That's kinda what I was thinking at first. Had Pol just run out like normal it'd be one thing, but he ran way wide. I feel like if you're defending and run that wide, you have to expect to have someone inside. I've seen it happen plenty of times before and sometimes they see them last second and stand up a bit. But then usually the rider passing is even at least. I think Zarco was just a bit too far behind to stay there.

But then Stoner was a Ducati man...

Junior Potato
    A couple of other points:

Race bikes don’t have mirrors, so Esp couldn’t have seen Zarco there.

They were both off the throttle, which means they wouldn’t have heard each other’s engines.

And Zarco’s front tyre hit Espagaro on the right shoulder, which means that he wasn’t even into his peripheral vision range until the last second.

Racing accident.
    The ruling is a disgrace for motorbike racing.

Werd.

Lead rider knows someone is behind, misses apex and then tries to come back in - they have to expect someone is there. They also know they will suffer if they cut across someone.
    Its not like the guy up the inside was out of control or doing some "late brake divebomb", that was the line he should take.
    Yeah bad call.

That was freaking scary.

Not one, but two flying bikes almost took out Vinales and Rossi.

And Zarco's bike was full on ghost riding it until it just barely clipped the barrier, who knows what could have been.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; August 16th, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

Either he did it on purpose and in that case I ask for a disqualification or it happened as a mistake and in that case I ask for a disqualification because a 30 year old rider, surely not a rookie anymore, cannot do this kind of mistakes in the MotoGP class.
    Either criminal or not up to standards.