Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Yamaha has the top 4 qualifiers.
    Then a pair of Ducatis, pair of Suzukis, pair of Ducatis, pair of KTMs

Best Honda is 14th, Repsol Hondas are 19 and 21 (of 21)

Anyone who thinks Marc has the best bike is dreaming! Amazing how close it all is without him
    And how obvious it is when a circuit suits a bike - KTMs and Ducati at RBR but now its a Yamaha track.

Junior Potato
    Good analysis.

And it's what HRC gets for throwing all its eggs in the same basket.

HRC should've learned its lesson back when Rossi left.

Question is, if Marc had a bike that was easy to ride, would anyone at all be able to stop him? Imagine him on a Suzuki or a Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Good analysis.

And it's what HRC gets for throwing all its eggs in the same basket.

HRC should've learned its lesson back when Rossi left.
    Indeed. Rossi left because Honda was constantly telling everyone it was the bike, not the Rider and he felt unjustly criticised. I'm not sure Honda is quite at that stage, but Puig certainly is.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Question is, if Marc had a bike that was easy to ride, would anyone at all be able to stop him? Imagine him on a Suzuki or a Yamaha.
    I think the deeper issue is that the bike suits Marquez’s unique riding style to the point that it doesn’t suit when anyone else tries to ride it. Even 5-time champion Lorenzo couldn’t figure out front from back on that thing. If it was Lorenzo vs Marquez on a Yammy then I think Lorenzo would have handily beat him.

I dont think Lorenzo's heart (or head) was in it at the end.

I do agree you can have a bike that is amazing in the right hands but doesnt suit most riders. Stoner managed some amazing stuff with the Ducati that it seemed most others couldnt.
    i think Marc would be good on most things. But Im definitely not in the "must prove it with another manufacturer to be great". Does it diminish Rossi or Lorenzo that they could master the Ducati?

Junior Potato
    Nope!

And I think Marquez would be able to make the Yamaha work for him, but he might even be better on a KTM or Aprilia!

It would be easier for the above to happen than it would be for his own brother (or anyone else at this point) to get the Hoooonda working properly.

Dani Pedrosa wasnt having too much trouble with it (although people would say it was developed for him over Hayden way back when)
    Its not a bad bike, I just dont think its improved as much in the last 2-3 years so much as Suzuki and KTM.
    Ducati and Yamaha have always had their strengths and weaknesses - while Honda was a bit of an allrounder. But that doesnt help when you lose to Yamaha on cornering tracks and then lose to Ducati at power tracks!

Another unusual race!
    And I’d swear they are rigging the championship to have 6 people all in with a chance come the last race.
    Top 4 within 4 points, top 8 within a race win (25) and 2 more including Rossi within 30 pts.

Junior Potato
    I just finished watching it. I’ve honestly got no fuckin idea who’s going to take the championship.

At this point I’d make a bet on Mir or Quatararo though…