Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Endurance Season 2020 and Beyond

I liked the ADT car a lot.

I was watching some videos from older endurance stuff. Watching the Front Engined Panoz LMP-01 taking it Audi. There was some great racing back then.

Champion car is the only Le Mans winning R8 I don't have 1:18 model of. Impossible to find now. Wish I bought one back when I bought the Goh R8.

The big boi.

Junior Potato
    Video: Bathurst 12 Hour street parade

https://www.facebook.com/gaming/Inte...20554674960548

Damn it, I need to go next year.

Junior Potato
    Here you go folks, live stream the B12H.

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/streams-tv/

Junior Potato
    Are you guys watching this?

They just interviewed Crag Lowndes, and he always looks happy and bubbly.

He had just completed a 2.5hr stint on a hot day with a malfunctioning drink system. So, 30+ degrees in a Porsche without water.

And he’s smiling and ready to go again.

Crazy.

Have you ever seen him not smile.
    He is the "black knight - invincible" of racing. He could crash, have his arm off and still smile.

Interesting that they have mentioned how skittish this cars are at the limit compared to the v8 supercars. Faster, but harder to drive and if they let go, much harder to control or save.
    The track also makes it very interesting when there is such a big difference in the relative strengths of the cars - the Porsche nimble across the top, the Merc and Nissan powering up and down the long straights.

So Im sitting here needing a cool suit - its 30C inside my place, no air con and the outside temp only got down to 28 overnight and now its warming up again.
    But enjoying the racing, but not the overly long ad breaks (and I dont have the pay tv coverage)

Junior Potato
    Get a VPN and watch it via YouTube!

Part of the problem with controlling these things this weekend is the temperature. Yesterday the teams were trying to hit times in qualifying that they easily achieved last year, but this year they were stuffing them into the walls.

Plus the cars are lighter, slightly less powerful, and have more downforce, so the tyre loads are very different. Not to mention half of them are mid-engined.