Page 137 of 433 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    I'm definitely not that worried about it coming late, but I have been driving more lately. Mostly because I have a limited window of time these days for lunch and we're still trying to stay committed to the "support local restaurants by picking up lunch" tip. My work has gone into "crunch mode", where I'm expected to put in 60 hours a week, so I don't have a ton of time otherwise.

My drivers license is on an iPhone app! Renew online and all done (well you can and should still get the physical card)
    And my racing license got extended by 3 months, mostly as a nicety because people couldnt use it for a few months.

My driving licence lasts 10 years.

I still have the original cardboard one.

Back in the day local DMV was giving away a higher class but for some that also meant faster expiration.
    I skipped it and so my licence is still valid for 15 years.

15 years is crazy. Here it's five years. Passports ten years, (five for kids).

My initial licence was valid until like 2043, and was a stupid piece of basically waxed paper.

They realised that was a stunningly stupid idea, cancelled all those, and turned it into a credit card plastic, with a photo.

Oh yeah, the 2043 licence had no photo, and the only identifying feature was your eye colour (which was wrong on mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The DMV out here has been mostly closed, though I think they've opened up 25 field offices across the state and are talking about opening some more. In the meantime, they said if your driver's license was expiring in March, April, or May and you had to come in to the DMV for some reason (like it's been too long since you last took the written test), that reason was waived and you can just renew online. My license expires in June and they want me to take a vision test. I am very relieved to say that as of a couple of days ago, they extended that to June and July expirations so now I don't have to go get the covid just to renew my license.

That said, it says it could take 3-4 weeks to get here which could mean I might have a couple of days there without a valid license...
    Can you go to a small remote DMV somewhere in the middle of nowhere?
    Definitely make an appointment, and try to get whatever forms you need filled out before you even go in.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I may be wrong, but it does seem like the weather is having a mitigating effect on the spread of the virus?

I guess everything can only become clearer in hindsight...

I think it makes sense that warmer weather should help, but who knows.

Also recently saw something on FB saying that it has mostly been the liberals who’s been hit harder by this virus. Probably not because the virus targets liberals but liberals just tend to live in denser coastal cities where the conditions are more ideal for the spread...

If the conservatives who partied hard this weekend still managed to avoid getting infected by significant numbers, if the 2nd wave never materializes, then I guess shutdowns can be truly over.

Be thankful that conservatives are willingly playing the guinea pigs for the sake of our nation!

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    15 years is crazy. Here it's five years. Passports ten years, (five for kids).
    Oh, mine also doesn't have a photo on it. Although the reality is that everyone who has one should also have a Hong Kong ID card on them, which has a photo on it.