Page 401 of 433 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    There's a new Hepatitis variant reported on tens of children in the UK, not caused by Hep A, B, C, D or E virii; researchers think it could be an adenovirus but they haven't yet ruled out Sars-COV2.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I was at a 50th birthday soirée last weekend and saw a heap of people I haven’t seen in a long long time, so man-hugs were happening all over the place.

One of the guys posted on Facebook two days later saying he’s tested positive. I spent a generous amount of time catching up with him at that party. So far… no symptoms for me!

Mine started last Sunday, it's gone now.

Cough.
    Fever, eye muscle pain.
    Overall muscle pain and weakness.
    Intermission.
    Headache, neck, shoulder and upper back pain.

Yeah, we don't have to wear masks on airplanes or whatever public transport now. All thanks to a single floridian federal judge appointed by Trump who somehow used amazing gymnastics of reasoning to strike down the mask mandate.

I suppose our low level of infections is prompting CDC to also agree with this crazy judge.

I guess this is a good way to find out if pandemic is really over or not? Maybe crazy Americans have already built up our herd immunity? At least people can still choose to wear a mask if they want to...

After more than 2 years into this... the American way of dealing with this pandemic has definitely been crazy and stupid most of the time and the Chinese way for sure seemed much better in every aspect. They still have near 0 Covid and the current lockdown in Shanghai resulted only 3 covid deaths. Excellent job President Xi; however, I'm still glad I live in America though.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The IHME’s central estimate is similar to that of The Economist magazine in London, which arrived at some 18 million excess deaths by the end of 2021. But the error bars on the IHME’s analysis are notably narrower:The Economist has a 95% uncertainty interval of 12.6 million to 21.0 million; the IHME’s is just 17.1 million to 19.6 million.
    Linky
    acket.

Spent a week in Portland with all sorts of unmasked folks, not to mention airports and airplanes (mask on there, mostly) and so far, surprisingly, haven't had any symptoms. I'm absolutely certain that I've been exposed at some point, just due to the numbers game, so... thanks vaccines!

Son tested positive on Monday morning after having a cough most of the weekend. As his mum was due to fly abroad in less than a week I went to get him and have him stay at mine as luckily I was off work. By late Monday afternoon I started feeling rough, by Monday night I had a raging temperature and headache, shivers, cough, sore throat, the whole nine yards. Managed to get some tests as I had none and first tested positive on Wednesday afternoon. Today is really the first day I've felt normal, although the dry throat and cough still comes back every so often. Thing is, I'm still positive this afternoon. Was really hoping I was over it by now! Will test again tomorrow along with my Son as he's supposed to be going home tomorrow evening!!

Take care, man.

Administrator
    Yeesh, yeah, take care of yourself. Glad to hear that it sounds like overall you're doing okay!

Gee, I guess Covid is really also like a box of chocolates, you never know how it’s gonna get you!

Get well soon man!