Page 384 of 433 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

He lied on his visa application. That's sufficient for barring entry. Make what you want about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    He lied on his visa application. That's sufficient for barring entry. Make what you want about anything else.
    I mean, it's always a bad idea to lie to Immigration. Unless you never want to go back to that country or region.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I mean, it's always a bad idea to lie to Immigration. Unless you never want to go back to that country or region.
    France has already said there won't be a special exemption for the French open. Circumstances may have changed by then, but at the current time he won't be allowed in the country, let alone a sporting event, either as an sathlete or as a fan.

Sucks to be stuck on 20 Grand Slams and unable to go one past your peers (and be regarded as the best of all time, surely?!?) because you decided to ... <fill in the blank yourself. You already know what I think about anti vaxxers.>

Wonder if Novak will be more open to the new Novavax vaccine? Otherwise Australian Open won't be the only one closed on him...

Actually I'm not a huge tennis fan and haven't been following, but how were these tournaments done before this one? Aussie govt just want to make an example out of him I guess?

I'm unaware of any anti-vaxxers in F-1, I'm assuming no F-1 personalities are like Novak? But then again, who knows? How hard is it to fake a document saying that you are vaccinated? At least Novak isn't a liar like some other athletes in America. I kinda respect a person with integrity like that..., but then you made your choice... so be prepared for the consequences of your choice.

Hope we can figure out a way to resolve these political issues... the virus is already hard enough, we probably should try to minimize the additional load of crap from politics.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 18th, 2022 at 09:08 AM.

I’m tired of hearing about Novak every time I check the news.

Yeah, his name is No Vac... what a freaking annoying name in such a time like this..., but at least he's staying true to his name!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Actually I'm not a huge tennis fan and haven't been following, but how were these tournaments done before this one?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_A...ID-19_pandemic

Oh yeah, last year around this time we didn’t even have vaccines yet! So this is something relatively new…

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Americans can now order 4 free COVID tests (per address) from the US Post office

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Actually I'm not a huge tennis fan and haven't been following, but how were these tournaments done before this one? Aussie govt just want to make an example out of him I guess?
    Last year the vaccine was not available, so players coming for the Aus Open had to do 14 days quarantine. There was a fuss about that, but most sucked it up.

Other events just didn't happen - F1 and MotoGP haven't been to Australia for 2 years (well F1 came in 2020... just as covid broke, was cancelled as event was due to start)

Not sure the govt was making an example of him personally, rather just showing that they are tough on border laws. This is our right wing govt and something they like to be seen to be tough on.