Page 216 of 433 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    We're just now hitting the two week mark of the shutdown, so it's hard to say that the shutdown isn't working. If in a week cases are still going up, that'd be a different story.

Oh yeah, it’s only been 2 weeks..., just felt like forever...

Anyway, good news now is that FDA has officially authorized the use of Pfizer vaccines...

I’m really feeling that perhaps this surge wasn’t just thanksgiving, Asian nations are seeing spikes as well...

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/cov...es-11607523625

Hot weather didn’t make it go away, but cold weather for sure is helping it making a come back...

Or perhaps everyone’s suffering from covid fatigue and got a bit complacent?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 11th, 2020 at 09:29 PM.

Administrator
    My guess is the latter as countries in the southern hemisphere didn't see these kinds of outbreaks during their winter. That said, it's not a perfect comparison, as most of those countries actually made a concerted effort to stop it.

As far as I can tell, human nature will continue to be human nature, and lessons we could have learned from the last major pandemic 100 years ago we are repeating now. Lord knows I'm not immune - I'm way less scared than I was 9 months ago, despite the situation being an order of magnitude worse. My behavior is unchanged, but I certainly don't have that same visceral fear even though I should have significantly more of it.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Saw a story (can't remember if it was on local or national news), of a nurse in a COVID ward that was treating a new patient, then over the next 3 days, the other 21 (or so people) that were at the same Thanksgiving party were admitted.

A Thanksgiving party that had 20+ people, that had one attendee test positive the day before.

So, people are stupid.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    So, people are stupid.
    acket.

That comic is so funny I could cry...

It really is.

The maddening part about it, is the people who are sharing the ones about a Pearl harbor, and then accusing people of not talking about how bad of a day it was. Meanwhile are still saying that this is all a conspiracy theory to get Trump out of office.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    There's a lot of random info out there....my question is, does the vaccine help people who already have COVID, like lessen the symptoms? (For the record, I don't have COVID, but just wondering about those 100,000+ in the U.S. hospitals)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    @MR2 I think not. Because of the chemical route they followed for these vaccines, i don't think you're being injected with antibodies for Sarscov2 but rather with two different recombinant virii in order to trigger a immune response against coronavirus. that's why most of them need 2 applications.
    acket.