Page 382 of 433 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    pandemic fatigue?
    acket.

The province of Quebec has taken the war to the antivaxxers. They will start to impose a tax on anyone who refuses to get vaxxed.

Sounds funny, but it’s not actually a bad idea.

At this stage of the game, it's probably pointless to try any vaccine mandates.

Perhaps government can offer free hospital stays if you are vaccinated to encourage, but you'll have to pay out of pocket if you're admitted in the hospital without vaccines to discourage?

In all honesty, what'd be the point of vaccine mandate if we can't vaccinate the entire world's population altogether? Variants will just keep coming and there'd just be continual need for vaccines for the rich countries. Good for big pharmas to drag this on...

The sooner we get everyone vaccinated or infected the better. No need to waste resources fight against people anymore. Enemy is the virus.

Make sure we'll have enough tests and vaccines for all who'd like to have it and all the support hospitals might need.

Home grown idiots who don't want to be vaccinated, please make sure not to waste the vaccines. Donate them to poorer nations.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 12th, 2022 at 07:33 AM.

Junior Potato
    Queensland has doubled its COVID fatality count since the start of the pandemic.

Up until December 2021 it was 7 deaths.

Two weeks later it is 14 deaths.

530 in hospital with 26 in ICU.

Administrator
    Here's hoping that we're hitting the peak of omicron here. 40K today, but that's less than the 43K last Friday. 7-day average is climbing more slowly, and positivity rate is just starting to go down (peaked at about 22%, now down to 19%).

At least that's what I'm hoping. I think this is the first week-over-week day comparison I've seen in the past few weeks where we didn't demolish the previous one.

As far as being mild, our deaths per day are climbing pretty dramatically, about 3x what they were a week ago. I'd expect that to continue for a week or two. 48 dead today.

Hmm… wonder when we’ll be able to get a more definitive trend…

Students around the nation are beginning to protest about the lack of options for remote learning. Politicians and parents all want kids back at schools, but nobody asked the kids what they want I guess.

They really should give kids the option to attend in person or remote. So now when kids or teacher get sick, no learning at all.

Luckily we moved to a neighborhood with remote option. Had we stayed back in LA, we were not given the option. Not very smart to push kids back to school without any backup plans. Yeah, kids most likely won’t die, but they sure would help spread things around!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 14th, 2022 at 07:34 PM.

Administrator
    Just realized this is the first day in a month that the 7-day average has gone down.

This is our latest 7-day average over the course of the whole thing. That now small peak in the middle was last winter when all hell was breaking loose and we were in pretty much full lockdown mode. That was the Christmas that none of us went to see our families and only talked to our loved ones over Zoom.

I figure we've still got a few weeks to see how deaths follow. For now it looks better, but the case load has increased so goddamn fast that I'm not sure we're truly seeing the death rate yet. As a friend of mine joked, we managed to flatten the curve finally, but unfortunately we did it on the Y-axis.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; January 14th, 2022 at 09:31 PM.

Ash and I are back in the world. She as of Monday and I'm free today. Off to play some indoor golf.

Administrator
    First close member of our family has it, Michele's cousin is a respiratory therapist and just tested positive. I'd imagine she'll be okay, but it's still nervewracking.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    U.S. still trending over 800,000 KNOWN cases daily....I'd expect there's probably 2-3 times that many...every person in the U.S. could get COVID within 3 months...woohoo