Page 418 of 433 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Apparently that depends on how much you hate the chinese government
    Yes, I hate it very very much. But it’s not just the Chinese government, apparently US government was involved in coronavirus research as well.

We may never find that original Covid infected animal, but if we can find it, that’d certainly shut the door for me.

This is what I meant about science replacing Christianity… it used to be that average people cannot have opinions about Bible interpretation. Let pope do it because he’s the godly expert. Now average people cannot question scientists. Even though Fauci the chief scientist has gone back and forth about whether we need to wear masks or not? WHO chief was also praising China for their handling of the situation…

Look, if you want to earn trust, you gotta not screw up. Antiestablishment sentiments rose up because our system isn’t very trustworthy.

As an individual, if I want to believe that earth is flat, how does that harm you? It’d only harm myself for making myself looking stupid.

If it is a lab leaked and the virus was created jointly by Chinese and US, we’d likely never get to the bottom of it. Maybe after WW3, nobody would even care…

Interesting bit about the source of COVID and an aussie scientist who was involved.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-...d-19/101324738

In particular the bits about there being 2 different strains from early on - that's a strong indicator for the market vs lab leak.
    Much of the evidence is geographic, locations of early cases.

Not sure why the lab leak is so popular, other than wanting to hate on authority, esp a foreign power. Yes it was a possibility, but always seemed less likely.
    This is far from the first virus to jump from animal to human - there has been plenty in the last 20 years. This one was just more contagious than most, combined with ever increasing global travel - boom it was out and about and almost everywhere.

Anyway - the experts are happy, Im happy to take their word for it.

Although we haven't completely ruled out it being from outer space!!

Junior Potato
    It’s true. There are PAHs in outer space who’s molecular structure is a close match for the RNA found in viruses. Could some of those formed chains of amino acids that can create the exact spike protein that attaches to the human ACE2 receptor?

The science stacks up!

DN, because chances of intergalactic travel is small and we don’t have any solid evidences for existence of aliens, I can understand their existence or them visiting us has a very low probability. However, we just don’t have any means to debunk the existence of aliens, right?

Based on their epicenter studies and 2 different strains the initial virus, yes, I can see the likelihood of them purposefully or accidentally releasing 2 different strains to be very unlikely. However, fact remains that we still haven’t found animal zero at this point.

I’m not pushing the lab leak theory as the ‘leading’ theory, just saying we can only debunk it for certain once we find that animal zero. Sound reasonable? Or I still sound like Trump?

Ah, so without solid evidence, there's doubt.

Noted.

Yes! Even Jesus can be doubted due to lack of solid evidences. However, I don’t think Jesus should be debunked because of that! Likewise Christians shouldn’t ’debunk’ atheism too! Sometimes we just don’t have solid evidences. Even in the case when we do have solid evidences, and some people still believe earth is flat? So what? If some people wish to self identify the planet they live on is flat, why should I care? Why should I force a flat earther to covert to a spherical earther? I can only preach the good news that earth is round and we won’t fall off, but I’m not going to forcibly convert that person. I will respect his choice.

If we found animal one and I still believe lab leak is a viable theory, then I’m like a flat earther… denier of solid evidences.

Right now, I’m just a hater of CCP, and skeptical of my own government’s dubious motives… I’m also amazed that WHO still has the same leadership.

Just like the financial crisis we went thru, average people suffered, but rich bankers are never held accountable. At least we changed some banking laws…, but what are we doing to prevent this from happening again? It’s as if from beginning til now, nobody did anything wrong.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 12th, 2022 at 11:06 PM.

I can't believe I just read that Animal Zero needs to be found in order to debunk the lab leak theory. JFC.

I can’t believe you unignored me! What’s up with that!

Just as Trump said, why use the 5th? Anyone using the 5th must be guilty! Similarly, why didn’t CCP attempted to investigate and try to find animal One rather than destroying it?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 12th, 2022 at 11:09 PM.

I presume every thing that moved in that place was burnt at some point...
    And the article had evidence that suggested a specific location even within the market. By coincidence the scientist involved had visited that exact market a few years earlier and had serious concerns - even took a photo, which turns out is the location they pinpointed.

So while they dont have that animal(s) and never will, that's long gone, that wouldn't prove much would it? It could have lab-leaked and got into that animal. Or deliberately put into that animal. Even with a smoking gun, you dont know who loaded it or fired it.

And the "from space" is based on viruses existing in comets. Doesn't need little green men. Fred Hoyle - famous physicist, developed the theory of how stars use fusion, also coined "Big Bang" (while arguing against it!) and believed that life came from space, that evolution was due to influences from space and that includes virus and other dna modifying organic material. Did some great work, but also had some very outrageous ideas.

This is similar to the random nature vs the intelligent design debate…

Which ever side you believe, I’m sure you’ll be able to find outrageous ideas/theories…

I’m seriously not just into finding somebody to blame, but want to know where we went wrong so we can prevent this from happening again! Since we don’t have solid evidences, no need to debunk anything then!

1st, will these wet markets be banned or regulated better? 2nd, will these labs around the world be banning certain researches or be regulated better? 3rd, if this were to happen again, what would WHO do differently? We already know what China has done was super praise worthy, was WHO deserved to be praised too? Everyone did the best they could and this is really just an unpreventable event? 4th, of all the corona virus researches that we’ve done in China, what did we learn that helped us deal with this pandemic? We certainly failed at predicting its coming… why and what can be improved? If the researches we’re doing are so useless, should we continue to do this? For sure US taxpayer money shouldn’t go there!

I’m not aware of any of these types of discussions because if we go anywhere near those topics, people will start battling politically. US and China seemed more into fighting a war… as a distraction? Hope Xi will learn from Putin and not do anything more stupid.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 13th, 2022 at 07:40 AM.