Page 206 of 433 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

UofSC's president has been working out at the university's gym, along side a bunch of students. He tested positive today. Is it wrong to enjoy seeing douches get what they deserve?

Play stupid games.

Win stupid prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, like release his tax returns or divest himself of his business interests upon taking office, or...
    Build the wall.
    Release his "fantastic" health care plan.
    Etc

Administrator
    Yeah, I'd argue that he actually did very little of what he promised.

Anyway, not trying to praise Trump or anything, that wasn’t my point. I just think that Trump being politically incorrect helped him score points with his supporters... whereas liberal politicians are always very politically correct in front of camera but once off camera, they’re often NOT as correct...

It’s because of that, political correctness ends up feeling fake...

Biden really needs to be more than politically correct, but genuinely wholeheartedly correct, in order to lead us out of this trouble. Hope he has learned from CA governor and Denver mayor and not repeat their mistakes.

Shutdowns are hard enough, we don’t need anymore leaders who don’t preach, like Trump, and we also don’t need leaders who can’t practice what they preach.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I am very bad at constitutional law, but it seems like at least most counties and states have at least put restrictions on how many people can attend churches and other gatherings. I've heard of some state courts saying that it violates at least the state constitution, but so far I'm not aware of any federal rulings about that.
    Welp, that all changed when the Supreme Court just overruled Cuomo about restricting religious gatherings.

This can only end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Hey, why you gotta ignore my ppl, bro.

Junior Potato
    Hey… everyone ignores the plight of the people in HK.

Except for the CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    UofSC's president has been working out at the university's gym, along side a bunch of students. He tested positive today. Is it wrong to enjoy seeing douches get what they deserve?
    In this case though it seems that it's rarely the right people that suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    At work we're split into two sections(retail and wholesale). All throughout this retail has required masks on both customers and staff, no more than 25 people in the store at a time, 6ft social distancing(ya know the smart way). In the wholesale office it was as if nothing was going on. In a very small office where you're basically on top of one another none of the office staff wore a mask unless they were going over to the retail store.
    Well about three weeks ago the day receptionist said she wasn't feeling well. The next day she was at home and quarantined. She got tested and came back positive. She suffered everything from total loss of appetite, high fever, hallucination dreams and her hair started falling out.
    Flash forward a week and the owner's son(and the town's mayor) tests positive. A few days after that the owner and his wife both test positive. Now every person is wearing a mask(including those who thought that the whole COVID thing was blown way out of proportion and think that Gov. Whitmer is a tyrant).
    Last week I scheduled a test and was going to take a day off to get the test done, but the owner told me(this was before he tested positive) that I couldn't take the day off because we didn't have the people to cover. So they switched my route so I would work and still get tested. Had the test on Weds and got a negative result on Sat. Even though I didn't feel any symptoms I still got myself tested.
    As of right now it's a total shit show, but at least they're starting to take things seriously. It only took six months.
    Damn, bruv. That’s scary!