Page 171 of 433 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    My first couple of years of school were at year round schools. Instead of the super long break in the summer, we had month long breaks between semesters. Worked out to be the same amount of time going to school, but the time off was spread out. I think it likely worked better but of course, as a kid, I loved having the long summer. That and all my friends in those years had the long summer and that meant that I went back to school while they were still playing in pools and then I had time off around Christmas where all my friends were at school and I just had to sit around find stuff to do on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    I really hate the summer break system. Especially after my time in Japan and having 2 medium length breaks between semesters
    Grew up in boarding school, doing 3 months on, one month off. That was "ideal" in my opinion. This thing of nigh on four months off, yikes!

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...cientists-warn

Coronavirus vaccine will not be a silver bullet guys. Just get used to it and remember that when your politicians are unable to steal the credit for a Hollywood ending, and decide instead to distract you and get re-elected by blaming and fucking up other places instead of fixing their own shit.

I think most people here know that, thanks for the reminder that our leaders are pretty dumb.

In fact, most of the world leaders are pretty dumb, that’s why it’s now all over the world. Thanks China and WHO for revealing how dumb the world really is.

Praise goes to all the nations that got it under control.

After 102 days of zero community transmission, NZ now has four cases of "where did this come from" Covid cases.

Junior Potato
    All in the same household, so it should be easy to contain, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    All in the same household, so it should be easy to contain, hopefully.
    Yup, but the problem is, don't know yet where they got it from, as there's no immediate contact with any border check, or isolation facility.

However, can't complain about delays, when the Prime Minister was advised at 4pm today, and the "border" around the entire city with cases closes lunchtime tomorrow, and they're in lockdown (but not total close down) then.

Sigh.

Oh shit!

Has Victoria been in the news in NZ? I think if any cases show up in other states they’ll slam shut. Queensland sure dodged a bullet recently.

Yeah, Victoria is all over the news here.

Can I come live in New Zealand?