Page 322 of 433 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Junior Potato
    COVID test came back negative. Time from test to result is 6hrs

[QUOTE=neanderthal;167038]
    guess the gene pool isn't going to get chlorinated after allL./QUOTE]
    Look, I know I'm a horrible person, but when I read these glurge stories about families losing their dad and brother at the same time to Delta, I have to confirm my biases by looking up the legacies they left on social media. Invariably, the feeds are full of bigoted Thin Blue Line/stolen election/there are only two genders/covid denier bullshit.

And, you know what?

No big loss. 🤷*♂️

Many of these people said outright they'd rather take the risk of dying than get the shot. Whelp, you cast your lot. *shrug*

I am out of empathy for those who wilfully risk our healthcare workers and resources because they chose to follow a guy who told them to inject bleach.

Junior Potato
    Well, HondaKid86, if that is your real name, have I got some good news for you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57958358

The problem comes when vulnerable people who have no say in the matter become collateral damage in someone else’s quest to ensure some orange fuckwit stays in office with no measurable benefit to themselves.

So many unnecessary funerals.

Part of me wonders if the change in messaging by some conservative politicians and talking heads is that they’ve seen numbers that the virus is killing off their voters more than Democratic voters.

I hate that I’m that cynical, but… yeah

Oh definitely...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Part of me wonders if the change in messaging by some conservative politicians and talking heads is that they’ve seen numbers that the virus is killing off their voters more than Democratic voters.
    Again, I am an awful person, and I am okay with that:

Why, as progressives, are we begging these insurrectionists to save their own lives?

This is Mother Nature bitch slapping the stupid, and nature needs to run its course.

Protect the vulnerable and let this variant rip through the red voter bloc. At this rate, it's the only way to save the republic.

Too much risk of something worse evolving if we let it take it's own course. We should speed things up with some defenstration.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    It sucks about Vietnam. They did their best, we failed them.

acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

I hate that I’m that cynical, but… yeah
    I don't think you're unnecessarily cynical, but I have a feeling they were more concerned with the stock market tanking on fears of new lockdowns from the delta variant than anything else.

Can’t disagree with HKid, the messaging just isn’t working. No point continue to double down on the same message.

Of course Covid isn’t really THAT lethal to the point of wiping out the entire voting block…

Avoiding more future variants would be the main reason why we try to change their minds…

Respecting their choice may be too much of an ask, but at least we need to minimize contempt. Also help them understand vaccines will help create more jobs and benefit the stock market or something.