Page 335 of 433 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They still haven't said anything about boosters for people who got the J&J shot. I figure it'll come eventually, but for now we've been conspicuously left out of all these conversations.
    News (Data) came out about the J&J Booster today, Tom. Looks like the results are VERY good. Those who got a J&J booster 6 months after taking their J&J single dose showed having up to 9 times the antibodies in their system!

I'm looking forward to my 2nd shot this October (if I've done my math right).

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    So yesterday and today were supposed to be my sister’s wedding and reception. I mentioned way back, about 150 pages ago, that it would likely get postponed because of Corona, and it was.

But yesterday she actually did get legally married. Her and her fiancé had a civil/court marriage performed by a clerk or whatever, at her condo, with about 30 people in attendance via Zoom meeting that lasted over two hours. The Zoom app and experience is so cool beyond belief.

So she and her husband are happy to be married, even though it didn’t exactly happen the way they wanted. Hopefully things slowly get back to normal. Their actual formal wedding and reception has been pushed back to October. Hopefully it happens. I wonder which date they’ll celebrate for their anniversary.
    Over a year later and my sister finally got married via real wedding ceremony on the 15th. Only 100 people or so were in attendance at the hall. Just morning ceremony, no reception. It was a nice experience and I'm happy for her and her husband. It was also weird being around so many people again after so long. She's hoping to have a reception, or some type of party next year. Will probably be an anniversary party. We'll see.

Ten days later and thankfully so far no news about any Covid from the wedding. My little nephew was sick last week, so that was a concern, but he's better now. He's only 6-years-old and obviously not vaccinated. It is allergy season too, so that's likely what ailed him.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Yeah, I’m sure sorting out the dimwits and legit folks won’t be easy… so maybe we we should take the approach of presumption of legitimacy until proven dimwit?
    We're talking insurance companies here, not the legal system. It will undoubtedly be the presumption of dimwittery until proven otherwise.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Correction to previous post I made about Miami area doctors walking out:

https://apnews.com/article/health-fl...um=APFactCheck

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    News (Data) came out about the J&J Booster today, Tom. Looks like the results are VERY good. Those who got a J&J booster 6 months after taking their J&J single dose showed having up to 9 times the antibodies in their system!

I'm looking forward to my 2nd shot this October (if I've done my math right).
    Same here, I got mine on April 10th, so I'd be due in mid October.

At least this time I can probably just got to my local CVS instead of schlep myself all the way over to CSULA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We're talking insurance companies here, not the legal system. It will undoubtedly be the presumption of dimwittery until proven otherwise.
    I know, but just saying insurance companies need to take the legal system approach so that legitimate patients won't end up getting screwed.

People do need to learn to be responsible for their 'freedom of choice'. There probably should be a national registry for folks to be exempted from masks and vaccines... on the condition that they need to give up their ventilators or hospital beds for patients who did not sign up on that registry. We really can't just be a free nation while avoiding all the consequences/responsibilities. Make it clear what options people have... nothing is mandatory..., but also spell out the consequences for their decisions.

However, it's probably just ethically impossible for hospitals to kick a sick patient out no matter how dimwitted the patient is... so seeking monetary fine or just some sort of medical bill is probably the best way to teach them a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    So happy that you guys are starting to get the chance to get the vaccine.
    I think we're something like 50% first shot vaccinated, and 30 something % two jabs done.

Because I'm not in any of the high risk categories, it has taken a while to get to my demographic. Plus of course, until a couple of weeks ago, we had no Covid in the community (only in the quarantine hotels that the returnees were in). So that took the heat off it. However, then Delta was a thing, and we had an open border with Aussie. Which went roughly as you'd expect ;-)

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    I don't think they've plateaued yet.
    You're correct

1024 this morning.

Administrator

Junior Potato
    I’ve seen reports (on Facebook so it must be true) of people losing control of their bowels in public after having those animal drugs.

I say let them go if they want them