Page 324 of 433 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaKid86 View Post
    Will it make a dent at least? I'm trying to find the golden lining here.

Ron DeSantis...aka DeathSantis the governor of Florida who is actively trying to kill off his constituents won by only ~34,000 votes

Most of the people I know who do mtg have just been doing Arena since this started

Move aside delta, make way for lamda!

https://www.newsweek.com/lambda-covi...-1615668?amp=1

Well we hit a new high, over 300 cases and 5 deaths.
    Yeah we are a year behind everyone else!

on the good news front, I got my 2nd shot so 2/3 of our household is fully vaccinated. Last one due for 2nd shot in the next week.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I wish school authorities took ventilation seriously.

Education facilities need to be adapted, they need to allow for the circulation of air, so that the volume concentration of airborne virus decreases, and their air-time also decreases. Only then can the unvaccinated fight off a possible infection, we ought to reduce the possibility of infection and reduce the viral loads children are exposed to.

There's little evidence on the severity of Covid-19 in young patients, and there's insufficient evidence on the long-term effects of the disease on them, either. There have been reported cases of symptoms seen in long Covid, like increased suicidal thoughts and also of hair loss.

We need to play this smart, We can't have the next 25 years of the labor force be a heavily depressed, short-of-bread, cohort. They'll be the ones fighting off the climate crisis.
    acket.

Dunno, 25yrs of having your labor exploited will also make you depressed and short of bread...

I got Pfizer actually because I had no choice… I most likely would’ve deferred if I were old enough to take it right away! I only gained confidence by looking at other people who’ve taken it… not from the CEO.

Anyway, I’d think CEOs should be able to skip lines and be 1st in line if he really wanted. Plus, I didn’t like the fact he sold stocks prior… of course people said it’s a prescheduled sale just happened to be right before the vaccines came out… whatever the reasons, his actions just did not inspire confidence. For people, like me, already disliked big pharma, you have to understand why CEOs actions ticked me off?

Surely there are way more paranoid people than me. We need to get the ‘emergency use authorization’ tags off of these vaccines so that people will be less paranoid and be willing to take it. I think some folks thought it’s rushed and want to see longer term effects before taking the vaccines themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I wish school authorities took ventilation seriously.

Education facilities need to be adapted, they need to allow for the circulation of air, so that the volume concentration of airborne virus decreases, and their air-time also decreases. Only then can the unvaccinated fight off a possible infection, we ought to reduce the possibility of infection and reduce the viral loads children are exposed to.

There's little evidence on the severity of Covid-19 in young patients, and there's insufficient evidence on the long-term effects of the disease on them, either. There have been reported cases of symptoms seen in long Covid, like increased suicidal thoughts and also of hair loss.

We need to play this smart, We can't have the next 25 years of the labor force be a heavily depressed, short-of-bread, cohort. They'll be the ones fighting off the climate crisis.
    I think our current approach isn’t to play it safe, but to wait until we have real solid data to justify whatever actions that we need to take…

Anyway, can’t blame them, but I ain’t allowing my daughter to become part of their scientific data. So she stays home until her vaccines become available.

Administrator
    So the fact that one of the two things that ticked you off about the CEO and made you not trust the Pfizer vaccine as much wasn't actually accurate doesn't change your viewpoint at all? Does it make you wonder if the information you've gotten about his stock sale might be misleading if you got that information from the same place? When you say it "just happened to be right before the vaccines came out", how far back would it have to be to not be shady? Pandemic was declared in March, sale happened in August, emergency approval and first shipments were in December.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; August 7th, 2021 at 05:57 PM.