Page 264 of 433 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by George on March 22, 2021
    I'm now eligible for vaccination in Colorado. Have been looking online and calling places today but it sounds like I'll need to keep trying.
    I finally found available appointments this morning after checking almost daily. I get my first shot this Thursday. Don't know what kind I'm getting, but I have two appointments, so I assume it's not J&J.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I’m (theoretically) scheduled to get J&J tomorrow... I’m expecting hell for side effects, hoping for the best

Wish I was getting one of the others, simply because J&J is the “least effective” and I have bad luck, but beggars can’t be choosers
    Welp, with today's news, my J&J shot has been cancelled and replaced with Moderna, so there's that!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    I DID get the J&J vaccine yesterday.... and then this news hit today:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine

Looks like they are halting the J&J vaccine until the 6 cases are further analyzed... as well as any other cases that (probably will) matriculate in the coming 3 or so weeks. Especially frustrating for me since I just had a frightening case of blood clots last summer and am now on blood thinners. I'll just try to stay calm and monitor myself. At least I know what to expect/feel after having experiencing them so recently.
    Hoping for the best, but so far the risk group seems to be women between 18-48

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hoping for the best, but so far the risk group seems to be women between 18-48
    Which makes you wonder if there's a connection between some birth control medications, which have more like a 1 in 1,000 chance of blood clots.

Got my first shot today - it turned out to be the Moderna vaccine. It was about one hour ago and I'm feeling no side effects yet.

My parents, at least, are getting the Pfizer one today. That's something.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Got my first shot today - it turned out to be the Moderna vaccine. It was about one hour ago and I'm feeling no side effects yet.
    Nice! Michele got that one, said that she had a fair bit of pain in the injection site the day of, and that it got significantly more painful the second day, then subsided after that. Like me though, nothing other than overall tiredness and sore muscles.

Junior Potato
    All these symptoms sound exactly like the symptoms you get after a flu vaccine.

In other words, nothing remarkable.

Except for blood clots!