Page 242 of 433 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    I think you might be overreacting to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Clinic
    ...the CDC has stated that in truly exceptional situations, in which the first-dose vaccine cannot be determined or is no longer available, either vaccine may be given at a minimum of 28 days to complete the vaccination series.
    Essentially that "if you really cannot get a second shot that matches the first one, you should get whichever second shot you can get rather than just not get one at all." They're not saying "eh, do whatever!"

Yes, I also over reacted with WHO and CDC by wearing mask when told not to.

If clinical trials have been done and deemed safe, I would totally not over react to this.

A single dose is still pretty effective, why risk things by mixing things up at this stage?

Anyway, just saying I don’t think science is behind the decision.

If anything, let Pfizer and moderna come out and say it. It’s ok to mix and match... and this isn’t stepping on toes of FDA?

I think single does efficacy for Pfizer is already above 70%? That’s already pretty good for a vaccine! If somebody was so clueless to remember which 1st shot he got, is it really a good idea to boldly go where no man has gone before and mix and match 2nd dose?

Makes me wonder perhaps we’re going to have a shortage for one of the vaccines?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 25th, 2021 at 08:54 PM.

Administrator
    Yep, you're overreacting to this.

Junior Potato
    Tom do you need someone to come into the thread with this level of energy and explain in dry terms what the CDC is actually talking about here?

Last edited by Rare White Ape; February 26th, 2021 at 03:18 PM.

Administrator
    Aww, image didn't load. I think it's safe to say that I do need it and that it won't help, whatever level of energy it is.

Ok, if somehow you or someone you love have totally forgotten which 1st dose was it...

Would you follow this CDC guideline, knowing that no clinical trials have been done?

Personally I’d just chance it with a single dose and save the other dose for other folks without the risk of possibly causing myself some unexpected harm...

Also, if you were CDC director, would you approve such guidelines?

Remember I promote error on the side of caution. If I were the director, I’d ask for such clinical trials to show me that such mix and match is safe before handing out such guidelines. Seriously, single dose of any vaccine is already pretty good.

WHO and CDC should be making decisions based on actual science or proven results.

Maybe Pfizer and moderna have already shown CDC that in ‘theory’, mix and match is okay, don’t worry.

But that’ll be like FAA taking Boeing’s word, saying MCAS is safe, don’t over react and make us spend extra time and money to prove it to you please... commercial aviation is so safe already. Trust us. We know what we're doing!

Look, I don't hate WHO or CDC wholesale. Don't get me wrong, the men and women working there are definitely needed and they do great service to us... however, I do have a problem or concern with their leadership. I just can't fully trust them. If you think they're doing a great job. So be it I guess. I just cannot agree with them when they give recommendations that cause me to over react!

Corruption is a problem everywhere I suppose...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 26th, 2021 at 10:39 AM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Aww, image didn't load. I think it's safe to say that I do need it and that it won't help, whatever level of energy it is.
    Ooops. Try again and see if it loaded.

Administrator
    Hahahah

Now know a few people who've gotten their second shot, so that's exciting. My parents should be in that group next week.

Junior Potato
    I’ve got an upper respiratory tract annoyance. Currently getting a swab. There are about 30 people waiting.

It’s unlikely to be the Rona but it pays to be cautious.

Administrator
    My sister got the first round of the Pfizer shot. She's a teacher, so apparently their eligibility just kicked in over the past couple of days.

I know as someone who's lucky enough to be able to work from home and who is otherwise reasonably healthy-ish, I'll be near the end of the line. I'm really happy that the rest of my immediately family have all gotten the first round of shots, and that my parents should be through the second round by the end of this week. It sounds like I should basically think July/August for when I'll have my chance at it, though we'll see what the Johnson and Johnson one does for the timelines.