Page 3 of 433 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Pretty sure vaccines will take a while to develop and to distribute to all around the world.

Projections were saying it should peak at around May/June timeframe... then drop off...probably because weather gets warmer. So stay warm, and clean in the meantime.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    ....and drink alcohol apparently as alcohol kills it, though I haven't seen details on how much, etc.

Yes, so in theory, you can fight Corona with Corona

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So apparently they are saying it possibly started from eating snakes.....there should be a documentary about this...they can call it....

Snakes on a Plate

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    ....and drink alcohol apparently as alcohol kills it, though I haven't seen details on how much, etc.

Yes, so in theory, you can fight Corona with Corona
    It needs to be alcohol, not corona!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    So apparently they are saying it possibly started from eating snakes.....there should be a documentary about this...they can call it....

Snakes on a Plate
    I heard it was bats. People have been sending me bat soup pictures and videos all day. Seriously fucking gross!

@ MR2 Dude

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I have one close Chinese friend who I’ve known since high school. Five years ago we went to Vegas with some other friends and I found out for the first time that he was actually Vietnamese. Also found out that he had a Vietnamese name. I had only known him by his Anglo name for decades.

Even though he’s Vietnamese we still refer to him as the Chinese guy.

Anyway...a third confirmed case reported in Canada. Has there been a vaccine developed for this yet? I remember during the SARS epidemic they scrambled for weeks trying to come up with a vaccine.
    Yes there has in HK, but you probably won't be able to read about it in the Western press, and only 1 other opinion piece cites it in Google. Anyway, it will take time to be tested before it can be deployed.

I'd post the link but some moron on this thread who is more than safe within his bubble would probably start making idiotic, ill-informed, wannabe smart-alec comments about "fact-checking".

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    @ MR2 Dude
    Dude's on a roll.
    acket.

One of my students is currently trapped in beijing, having spent the holiday break with family in Wuhan. She's quarantined now, but hopes to make it back to class in the next week.

We've also got a case at the local hospital - in all likelihood an international student. They're currently "investigating" his or her contacts.
    -Formerly Stabulator