Page 319 of 433 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

I think much of the Sydney (wont say NSW... Im not in lockdown!) issue is complacency from having zero COVID for so long. Now a lockdown is in place, lots of people are just looking to be doing the lockdown while actually ignoring it. Ive seen friends post on facebook about going out for exercise (allowed) and just happen to run into friends and then there is 8 of them in a picture, no masks, all posing for a photo.
    The state govt's instructions have been poor, lots of "do the right thing", "only essential" while giving no clear guidance. Some people are unsure, others just twisting it and pushing the boundaries. And now they wonder why its not getting better!
    This lockdown will be months if people dont actually stay the fuck at home

And they all criticised Dan for doing what he did. It worked and now the neighbouring states of NSW are paying for the incompetence of their state leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    The state govt's instructions have been poor, lots of "do the right thing", "only essential" while giving no clear guidance. Some people are unsure, others just twisting it and pushing the boundaries. And now they wonder why its not getting better!
    This lockdown will be months if people dont actually stay the fuck at home
    The SA Police Commissioner is awesome at this. He just says "no"

I am visiting my family in Nova Scotia at the moment. I had to get tested before crossing the border and be tested after arrival at our destination. I’ve tested negative three times this week.

I hope it was the tongue swab. I can’t imagine getting nose tested three times in one week. Once was enough for me to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    I'm worried I might not be able to get my birthday jab now if I'm still sick with this cold in a week (it's already been one full week of it)
    Feeling much better now so all systems go for tomorrow

Go for lunch or go for dinner?

Go for vaccine.

Also it has just been announced that tomorrow is (probably) our last day of lockdown. We were only locked down for a week in the end. Good compliance. Nearly 10% of the state had a test. That's how you do it!

Very good mates you got there in your country!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Go for vaccine.
    I saw your FB post. Congrats on getting a birthday shot

This is what it looks like when you dither before eventually deciding to maybe kinda sorta lock down the region when a dangerous variant finds its way into the community. NSW vs Qld. Can you guess which state implemented a short, sharp lockdown when the first case popped up?

The end result: