Page 318 of 433 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Not international, but to Anchorage so it kinda feels like it. Layover in Seattle, so essentially it's mask on from our door to our hotel room, that'll be a good 10 hours total. While I am pro-mask, I have also spent the vast majority of my time at home or outdoors over the past 16 months, so this'll be an endurance test as I find I hate wearing them.
    Anyway, good luck man! I hope you at least got one of those n95 or kn95 or some sort of 3D shaped masks so that at least your nose and mouth are not constantly rubbing against something as with surgical/cloth masks. Plus, n95 should be safer too.

The most physically challenging part for me besides getting dehydrated was that my ears were also hurting. Thanks to WFH for so long... I never really had to wear masks for so long until my ears began to hurt! This is probably like getting a new pair of glasses... ears take some time to get use to it...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Scheduled for my second replicant-gene infusion on Friday.

I hope the 5G is worth the Saturday knockout I'm expecting to receive.
    acket.

I'm worried I might not be able to get my birthday jab now if I'm still sick with this cold in a week (it's already been one full week of it)

That's a lot of people who are without a primary care giver.

And i say people instead of children because their effects are generational.
    acket.

Anyone else see the GOP pivot to recommending the vaccine to the sheep their followers?

Mustve realised it was their voters who were mostly affected this time around.

Me, I wanna see some lawsuits. Every talking head at Faux News should be sued.

Junior Potato
    The proverbial shit is hitting the proverbial fan in NSW and it is being absolutely pasted across the proverbial walls.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...lian/100313546

Meanwhile, watch the first 30 seconds of Chris Kenny on Sky News Australia, our own equivalent to the nonsense that is Fox News, speaking about COVID way back in the halcyon days of just a month ago before it all really kicked off again:

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/c...63bd9d0cc35c49

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post

That's a lot of people who are without a primary care giver.

And i say people instead of children because their effects are generational.
    Holy shit. That’s going to create a lot of problems for countries without good social safety nets and mental health services.

Social networks and mental healthcare vary greatly within countries. This is bad.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Holy shit. That’s going to create a lot of problems for countries without good social safety nets and mental health services.
    Welcome to the United States.

At least the double orphans number is relatively low..., but it's still 134 too many!

If the Delta variant is causing us problems during summer time, I can't imagine what it'd be like during this fall and winter...

We also need to donate or sell our vaccines to neighboring countries and not let them expire in red states.

Anyway, looks like this pandemic is going to continue on for a while...