Page 90 of 433 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

That's true. I still don't consider Falun Gongers as my "friends" though. I can listen to what people of other religions or atheists have to say. Just because they don't believe the same shit as me, doesn't mean everything they say is false.

The thing is, if you want 'inside' stories..., do you know of any other 'journalists' inside China right now?

Administrator
    Bad information is not necessarily better than no information. I can and do listen to what people of other religions or atheists have to say, but I don't listen to organizations that have a long history of blatant misinformation and propaganda to further their own political ends regardless of what religion they do or do not belong to.

Just because they don't believe the same shit doesn't mean it's false, but they have a decades-long track record of spewing bullshit. There is literally no reason to believe anything that comes out of Epoch Times and plenty of reasons to dismiss it outright, and I'd be reacting exactly the same way if you were posting something from Infowars or Natural News or some other similar outfit.

Anyway, I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

However, I still do prefer to take a look at everything that's out there just in case.

Administrator
    In other news, Nextdoor is delivering out here. One of my favorite people (who just recently blamed "illegals" for the people speeding on the empty roads out here) posted her response to Vons when they ended up having to reschedule her grocery delivery because they just got overwhelmed. She told them that she was forced to go to the store herself where she found employees without gloves or masks this past Sunday and "as a result, came down with a mild case of the virus," despite it being less than two days since she went to the store. Later on that evening she asked if having malaria or dengue fever would mean you had antibodies for the virus. She didn't appreciate me saying that I hadn't heard anything like that, but the mild case she told Vons that they gave her certainly would result in her having the antibodies.

Oh Gigi, keep on being your weird self.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Mate, I'm pretty certain there are no potential Trump-voters (for 2020 anyway) left on this forum.
    Oh, I know no one will vote for him this time around. I’m talking to the ones who committed the unforgivable act of voting for him last time around.

Who here voted for him back in 2016?

I think I'm probably the furthest right member here.

Even I didn't vote for him.

Sure as fuck wasn't me, but this belongs in the politics section.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Sure as fuck wasn't me, but this belongs in the politics section.
    You are correct. My bad. Carry on.

Remember back in late January you thought I was over-reacting with this virus? Glad to see you turn around.

I'm sure there are still a number of americans who are still where you were a few months back..., if they refuse to listen to the news reports or even persident Trump's briefings and still insist to go out or goto church..., hey, we have a free country. If they wish to meet their Lord earlier, I'm not going to physically come out of my house to stop them.

Can't control what others do, we'll just need to take care of ourselves 1st for now... or we can at least force our family and near by friends to stop going places...

One thing super scary is that my dad now needs to go out regularly for dialysis... so hopefully none of his diabetic friends there are infected... or else they probably all will die!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 8th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.

Junior Potato
    Billi:

1. You put a lot of energy into worrying about this, all of which could be defined as irrational panic. You mocked me for following the generally agreed-upon advice, which was to simply wash your hands and you’ll be fine. My position on this has not changed, save for adding that you should wash your hands and stay home, which is also the agreed-upon advice.

2. It’s not about controlling the actions of those who wish to ignore the advice. The problem is the effect it has on wider society, in which people get sick through the reckless actions of others. Those people are dying at home because there is not enough help in the medical system.

3. Case in point is your father. I do hope he is ok. But you need to rely on everyone to do the right thing. Personal choice be dammed; those who you let go to freely do what they want could be the ones who bring danger upon the vulnerable people that the rest of us have to look after.