Page 188 of 190 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1894

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Is the US/Canada border open?

Nope.

Canada's probably considering building a wall and would like Trump to pay for it.

Canada still lets Canadians in. You have to provide them with an address where you will be quarantining for two weeks. Authorities have been checking on people that have returned. Many have been fined for ignoring the requirement.

A scientist Lori knows moved back to Canada from the UK this summer. She quarantined in her parents RV parked in the back yard.

We've been quarantining people in hotels. It worked well, until it didn't and Victoria went to shit.

[edit] Although I suppose "went to shit" is a relative term in all this

We just had day 5 of no new cases (ignoring travellers in quarantine)

Thats good!!
    Keep it up for a couple of weeks and we might be able to declare COVID free.

Junior Potato
    Call me a pessimist, but I donít think Australia will be able to do that. I think Teh Rona lurks quietly among people who have a mild sniffle and donít get tested. It will do so forever and every so often it will find someone and cause an illness bad enough to require attention.

We will continue to physically distance and limit our interactions with others, and that will keep us 99% safe. But once in a while there will be a cluster and that neighbourhood will have to quarantine. Smart management will prevent more outbreaks like what happened in Victoria, but I think we will always have that low level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Call me a pessimist, but I don’t think Australia will be able to do that. I think Teh Rona lurks quietly among people who have a mild sniffle and don’t get tested. It will do so forever and every so often it will find someone and cause an illness bad enough to require attention.
    It will show up though. Even if there's a whole mess of asymptomatic people it'll show up in someone somewhere (and probably fairly quickly), so while that's not happening we know there's not community spread.

We had some genius' arrive in a boat from Tahiti (nationality German?) after having been declined an entry application.

They're now in jail until they get flown out of the country.

People. Who'd have them?

What's the turnaround time from infection to a potential positive test over there? My wife flew back a week ago but was told that she'd have to wait at least five days to be tested, otherwise it might be falsely negative, and that seems borderline useless.