Page 257 of 433 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Let's hope this is true: CDC Data Suggests Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus

https://www.thecut.com/2021/04/cdc-d...ead-virus.html

I thought about this more after my last post and considered that if people 20 - 40 (or choose whatever age range you like) are more socially active and in contact with others and in larger public groups more often than older folks, maybe getting them vaccinated sooner is a better idea for everyone.

Soon everyone will be eligible, but we won’t have enough for everyone right away...

Just have to be patient... and keep wearing mask so we won’t be a patient!

Imagine 100 years ago, people had no clue what caused the Spanish flu and they had no vaccine... hard to imagine how they got over it...

The goddamned vaccine rollout, (or lack thereof), in Canada is so fucking pathetic; it’s an international embarrassment now. I saw a USA Today article about it, and it’s like we’re a third world country all of a sudden. The world is moving on and reopening and here we are stuck like total chumps. Lockdown after lockdown and now ‘shutdown’ in Ontario. Man I am so fed up with our incompetent leadership, I want to kick a cardboard box.

At least my parents are vaccinated and this week my wife’s parents will get the shot as well. But FFS what about the rest of us???

Tell me you feel my pain.

We can understand your frustration, but remember how your leadership helped make the cases low?

Anyway, I think this pandemic showed us the good and bad parts of socialized healthcare systems. Socialized systems took much better care of the population when trouble hits. However, it may not have the resources that it needs to innovate out of such troubles tough.

Yeah, China and Russia have their vaccines, but who in the world really wants to inject their vaccines?

Even the UK Astrazeneca vaccine was funded by large amount of US money...

Without USA, a nation with the lousiest healthcare in the world, the world would be left buying vaccines from Russia and China...

Makes me wonder if US were to truly achieve a socialized single payer system as envisioned by Sanders, will we still be able to achieve the same thing? Or will we become just like Canada?

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked by my own thoughts... just be patient dude. Vaccines are coming... sooner or later!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 5th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.

Neat little video showing how Michigan has been doing since we started opening up.

https://v.redd.it/pqo67bhbncr61

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Tell me you feel my pain.
    I got my first shot today, no problems. So I guess not?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    getting my first shot tomorrow

Still no vaccine available for people in my age group (45) where I live, which is Brampton. They’re still focusing on 60+. Back in my old area of Thornhill (parents house) they’re accepting people of my age. If only I hadn’t moved out.

I was thinking of pulling out some old ID and taking my chances, but everything is run by the government health system and appointments are booked by using your Health card information, which shows that I don’t live in that area. Really sucks. Hopefully it’ll be available in Brampton soon.

I'm patiently waiting as well.

When my age group opens up, I'll probably chill a bit until everything settled down before making an appointment.

I'm not the type who'd rush to see a movie on its opening weekend..., so I shall let others go first even with vaccines!

I'm just glad my parents got all of their vaccines. One less thing to worry about... we're slowly getting there. Hopefully we'll be thru this freaking tunnel soon...

A guy I work (and trust not to tell tall tales) said his doctor told him to get the Shingles vaccine before a Covid-19 vaccine. He got his first Shingles vaccine last week and as with Covid-19, has to go back in a few weeks to get a second shot. Then he's going to get his Covid-19 vaccination afterwards.

Googling yields mixed results about whether or not this is good advice. I'm not trying to spread potentially bad information but thought it might be worth mentioning.