Page 252 of 433 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Attachment 3692

Red states are seeing case increases. Blue states are only seeing plateaus. Only gray ones are decreasing...

Surprising Texas is still gray... as well as Arizona.

Still California is still surrounded by other 2 red states...

Hope we won't end up like Europe...

I think in the future, when there's a pandamic, relief bills as well as safety mandates should automatically kick in and if there are governors or local authorities wish to defy orders, then they won't receive any aids from the feds. This automatic relief bill and mandates should also be unstoppable by the federal government itself... just in case we have another president like Trump or a congress stingy as current GOP.

I don't think there's any other way to save america otherwise...
    Speaking of Texas in relation to this. At least here in the Fort Worth area, businesses are still requiring masks. But many are opening fully, while trying to maintain distancing in places like lines and waiting areas.

Which says to me that, oh I don't know, masks work maybe?
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Of course masks work! If only more Americans are onboard with that, there could've been a lot less cases and deaths.

I just wish government officials can stop confusing the public and all be on the same boat when there's a pandemic going on...

That old lady got arrested in BoA in Texas... Texas governor simply gave her more excuses to refuse wearing masks.

Businesses could slowly open up with masks..., there's really no need to lift the mask mandate so soon...

So sad to see us becoming like this... The left sees the right as fools and the right sees the left as tools. Result is that this Divided States of America is now swimming in a pool of stools.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Guy I know spent the weekend away from his kids while waiting for his tests results. Had given a ride in his car to a person who was later found to be positive, both were wearing masks the whole time.

Guy's results came back negative.
    acket.

Administrator
    We just moved into the "red tier" (2nd most restrictive) at the beginning of this week, they're already talking about moving into the next tier (orange) by early April.

Feels like we should give it a few weeks to see if the move to red starts making things go bad, but I'm going to hope that smarter people than me are making the calls.

Interesting article:

https://www.wired.com/story/covid-19...all-good-news/

Thanks to masks, social distancing, shutdowns... it looks like we nearly eradicated seasonal flu virus!

Well, may be good or bad...

Scientists may not be able to accurately predict/prepare flu shots for next season, and people's lower anibody for flu might mean we end up with a more severe outbreak?

Suffice to say that our lives will probably never be the same post 2019. Let's hope for the best. (And expect the worse, not just to feel sad or depressed, but simply to be more prepared, don't get caught off guard again...)

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Trumpist President of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, has made a mess of the pandemic down there.

The P1 variant is really virulent (around 2.5x more contagious) and the N9 variant has the "Eeek" mutation that makes vaccines between 10 and 60 times less effective against the virus.

The real tragedy, though, is that the longer it is passed around the more it could spread throughout South America, where in the case of Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador, health systems have already taken a beating.
    I still can't believe that people voted for that cunt.

Believe it, because Billi knows that democracy is super-perfect and the solution to every problem!

Democracy definitely has problems... Trump and Bolsonaro are living proofs of shortcomings of democracy. However, as long as there's a democracy and a robust constitution, somebody like Trump cannot possibly hold on to power for too long. Hopefully not Bolsonaro too. Point is, under democracy, the damage is short term.

Dictatorship can be effective if you have a good leader. However, I think pretty much everyone knows nowadays that power tends to corrupt people. When a dictator is corrupted, there's usually no way to remove him without a bloody battle.

Anyway, throughout this pandemic, I believe it's clear which kind of government is best for its people. Of course, China and US along with Democrats and Republicans probably won't learn any lessons and will continue to march down their paths of walking all over ordinary people.

I hope that someday, progressive people all over the world will take back their countries from those power hungry assholes.

Have my first dose scheduled for next Tuesday.

Just got back from taking Atsuko for her first dose, got the Astra Zeneca.

Apparently she hardly felt anything, but her arm feels a bit sore now. Doc said she might feel under the weather tomorrow.