Page 284 of 433 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    It definitely was for everyone I know that got any sort of significant side effects, they always had the worst day the day after the shot.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Yeah, the day of, wasn't that bad. Had a minor headache. It was later that night (early next day) that the chill, then fever, (101.6 first checked) then body aches started. It finally went away after about 36 hours or so after the shot.

Chills about 14 hours after
    Fever 17 hours after (and went back to normal after a couple hours)
    Pinata effects about 24 hours after, lasting through the next 10-12 or so.

So many scary stories... if it makes you feel better. I only suffered some mild joint discomfort. That was about it.

My wife had it worse, her arms always appeared heavily bruised and fatigued, soreness and some pain, but I don't think she suffered any fevers or chills...

Anyway, whatever happens, it's gonna be better than actually getting COVID19!

Finally got the first shot. Pfizer. No adverse effects so far aside from excessive sweating. joked with the nurse about nanotechnology and tracking after she injected me. We laughed.

Im about to go for mine now... AstraZeneca.
    Luckily the local doctor got some shots in, otherwise it was going to be an hours drive.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy
    joked with the nurse about nanotechnology...
    You joke about that, but look what came up as my network the last time I ran a speed test!

Last edited by Tom Servo; May 12th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You joke about that, but look what came up as my network the last time I ran a speed test!

Is that even real?

Man I was sweating like a pig for about an hour after. Even had sweat stains in my shirt armpits, which never happens to me even after working out. Other than that I feel normal aside from soreness in the left shoulder.

Administrator
    All I'll say is that DOM inspectors are really fun to play with. Kinda wish I'd gone with "CovidVaccineNET", though.

Another new incentive program to get people vaccinated. Gov. of Ohio announces five weekly lottery-style drawings for $1 million, but the only way to enter is to be vaccinated.

<link

Quote Originally Posted by article
    The University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) estimates the true number of new daily infections is around 8 million—the equivalent of the entire population of New York City being infected every day. Official reports say 254,000 people have died in India since the start of the pandemic, but the IHME estimates the true toll is more than 750,000—a number researchers predict will double by the end of August.
    One can only be glum in the face of such news.

This COVID thing won't be over for years. And it's going to potentially set up two different worlds/ trading blocs; the vaccinated one and the unvaccinated one. As though the world wasn't inequitable enough already.

I don't see how travel without stringent controls can continue to happen.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Gov. of Ohio announces five weekly lottery-style drawings for $1 million, but the only way to enter is to be vaccinated.
    This feels like a background detail that I have seen in a near-future dystopian universe in a film or book. I just can't remember if it was in Blade Runner, Altered Carbon, or Transmetropolitan.