Page 244 of 433 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

That sucks. It'll be nice to actually see people again.

Administrator
    My mom sounds about the same, only no headache. She said sore shoulder and chills that made it hard to sleep but were gone by the next morning. Says got the shot yesterday and says she feels fine today.

So who's ready for the forth wave?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...e-coronavirus/

Add this to the energy crisis... I think that Texas governor is a goner. Can't possibly have a happy ending with such "wise" leadership...

Don't even know what to say about Mississippi "Burning"...

I guess some folks just need get burned in order to truly understand why they were told to not touch that hot stove...

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    So who's ready for the fourth wave?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...e-coronavirus/
    This is absolute BULLSHIT, as is our kids' school district's decision to open schools for full-time, every-day attendance starting March 22, despite having new infections every single day with the current two-days-in-person-per-week schedule for students. I've previously posted about this and I checked their site again yesterday - yup, again, they show new cases reported every day. There are NO days showing zero new cases. I interpret this information as "come to school, get sick." Perhaps I'm wrong.

And then I have someone in my office yesterday telling me "it's great that coronavirus is pretty much over." This person watches Fox News, I assume.

I'm surprised I care as much about this as I do. I didn't used to think much about things like this. This stuff was always someone else's problem.

Maybe it's because I've had too many deaths in my family over the last few years. Maybe it's because I don't want my wife or me to die or be bankrupted by a hospital stay due to others refusing to wear masks. Maybe it's because I have so much anger at the Republicans - elected ones and their voters - for not even trying to pretend they aren't a bunch of self-serving, downright evil human beings who would and do cause others to suffer to get just more vote or one more dollar.
    Last edited by George; March 3rd, 2021 at 08:40 AM.

Administrator
    Preach!

At least we live in a free country. Just try to take as much precaution as we can to protect ourselves and family. If there are family and friends who refuse to listen, so be it. Just make sure we keep a safe distance.

Not sure if home schooling is an option, even if not, perhaps now it's a good time to tell the school that you're going on an extended vacation?

Because regardless of how much precautions you take elsewhere, it'll all be for nothing if your kids bring it home...

I think our school district is offering us choices. Those who believe kids need to physically attend schools... they'll open up schools for them. If you wish to stay home, they have virtual school too. So I'm thankful for that... Still, not sure how such policy will help Biden fulfill his promise of opening all schools in 100 days.

Our district allows kids to attend online school only and I think they'll continue that. We aren't going to keep our kids home. They'll go back every day and they can't wait. They really like going to school now, far more than in any previous year, so they can see their seldom-seen friends. I bet that'll change as soon as the pandemic is really over and they'll be "forced" instead of "allowed" to go to school.

I just wish they wouldn't rush things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo
    ...we've gone this far and vaccinations are so close...
    Last edited by George; March 3rd, 2021 at 12:15 PM.

Ha, I guess such is human nature. We want what we can't have or don't like to be told what to do.

Administrator
    Both of my parents have now had their second shot. My dad only had a sore shoulder, no other issues. The amount of relief I have is hard to overstate.