Page 169 of 433 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    Y'all accepting any refugees? Who are totally okay with a 28 day quarantine as long as we can get out of this forsaken hellscape?

Just don't let the security guards fuck any of the hotel guests.

Junior Potato
    Just had a customer from Kingscliff (NSW side) come to my warehouse in Southport (Qld side) to collect some chairs. Middle-aged blond with North American accent.

She was complaining about the imminent border closure and how it was ‘the great experiment’ and I shouldn’t believe a word.

I actually gave her a serve, said “You’re fucking kidding aren’t you? Get out of here. Fucking anti-science shit.”

Then slammed the gate shut and closed the roller door.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Y'all accepting any refugees? Who are totally okay with a 28 day quarantine as long as we can get out of this forsaken hellscape?
    Nope ... unless you're a Kiwi, or are able to get one of the rare exemptions granted, then it's a full lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    She was complaining about the imminent border closure and how it was ‘the great experiment’ and I shouldn’t believe a word.
    Gonna be sooo funny when she or someone she loves or is friends with and catches it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Nope ... unless you're a Kiwi, or are able to get one of the rare exemptions granted, then it's a full lockout.
    I've watched all of Flight of the Conchords and really like What We Do In The Shadows, does that count for anything?

Junior Potato
    Start researching a career in an essential job that will get you into the country.

I thought I read something years ago during a not-really-serious fit of "I'm gettin' the hell outta here" that Australia doesn't accept immigrants over the age of 45. I just searched and now I don't see anything about that, so maybe it was never true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Start researching a career in an essential job that will get you into the country.
    Like a job in a brewery?

Better luck with a job no one wants to do.
    Apparently we have now made an exemption for fruit pickers! These are usually season workers from Pacific Islands, most of which are covid free. So we will be allowing some of them into the country. Now... they probably wont be able to go home any time soon.

Oh and even if you were allowed in from USA (such as a Aussie returning) you must do 14 day quarantine at your expense. Its around $2k