Page 278 of 433 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And he got covid.
    We almost lost him to it.
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    We almost lost him to it.

There was a lot of high fiving and loling going on in some places.

Administrator
    Los Angeles County has now made it into the "yellow tier", which is the least restrictive tier the state has at the moment. You can actually go to bars now, though they're limited to 25% capacity.

Then again, we went to Joshua Tree and the only thing that seemed different than pre-covid times was that the servers were wearing masks. Otherwise, you'd never know anything was happening. It was...unnerving.

Things are definitely looking good actually. However, knowing that half of our population are Covid deniers, antivaxxers and antimaskers, I think it’s reasonable to assume that we have the potential to become like half of India if we’re not careful?

Of course hopefully we won’t be hit with anymore waves…

So in Sydney they've discovered exactly which returned traveller the BBQ guy got his Covid from, but not yet how it was passed between them.

Genome sequence linking that Indian variant to an US traveler. However, it's unsure how it was passed between them because they were never in close proximity, right? This reuters article wasn't very specific about that...

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ay-2021-05-07/

All they know is that they've tested a lot of folks and so far nothing's positive...

Well, hopefully they all remain negative... because if there's another person that acted as the 'medium', obviously he hasn't been found yet...

Regarding effectiveness of vaccines against variants... I think science has only been able to demonstrate AZ vaccine doesn't work against the South African variant. Other vaccines may have reduced effectiveness, but should still work on all variants so far... Vaccines won't help us not catch it, but they should help us not end up in the hospital or help us not die. Hope that Indian doctor's death was exception rather than rule... I wonder why the story still isn't clear on whether if he had pfizer shots or how he died...

https://www.vox.com/22385588/covid-1...a-pfizer-b1617

[edit] okay at least this latest abc article mentioned how exceptionally rare fully pfiser vaccinated covid death really is... in US, the number is 70 out of 105 million! Hope that double mutant virus in india won't change that ratio by too much...

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/doctor...ry?id=77503942
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 7th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

Welp, I got camping pass to spend weekend at a race track come first weekend of June...

Still kinda apprehensive about it but figure being outside, risk should be minimal

I've been doing race track stuff through the entire pandemic. It's really easy to keep distance and still have a good time.

If you want to come out and spectate Lemons at Gingerman let me know, happy to have you around.

Vaccinated or not, I still think mask would be a good idea, but people might look at you as an idiotic tool.

Just make sure you can maintain some distance? At least bring some masks just in case there's a big crowd...