Page 298 of 433 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

That's my understanding as well. Time off for the shot or to recover from the side effects means maybe getting fired, maybe not making rent, and maybe being evicted. For some people that math works out to just hoping they don't get infected, and relying on others getting vaccinated to insulate them.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Another round of stimulus check just might incentivize the lower income folks to get jabbed.

I also wish government had made a deal with people to open up based on the % of folks vaccinated rather than just looking at confirmed cases…

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    That's my understanding as well. Time off for the shot or to recover from the side effects means maybe getting fired, maybe not making rent, and maybe being evicted. For some people that math works out to just hoping they don't get infected, and relying on others getting vaccinated to insulate them.
    So now the much fantasised herd immunity transforms into economic immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    What's the barrier for those in need? Transportation? Immigration status fears? Vaccines around here have been available for weeks, free of charge (even without insurance), with many locations to choose from including pharmacies.
    Being white, I can’t completely answer this with any real amount of expertise. But from my understanding it’s a variety of things.

• People of color are more likely to have service or blue collar jobs and aren’t allowed to take time off like white collar workers
    • Vaccine hesitancy due to how the United States government has abused black people through out history (see the Tuskegee Experiment
    • Systemic racism causing gaps in education and access to healthcare in general
    Last edited by Jason; May 28th, 2021 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Another round of stimulus check just might incentivize the lower income folks to get jabbed.

I also wish government had made a deal with people to open up based on the % of folks vaccinated rather than just looking at confirmed cases…
    Michigan reopening plan was like that until the CDC knee capped it by just saying "everything's cool"

Michigan officials are smarter than I thought!

CDCs original ‘we don’t need masks’ guideline wasn’t based on science, now they’re in a hurry to go with science to unmask and open up. Wish they could be more serious about actual disease control.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Author of that article has a PhD in Astrophysics.
    Better than a PhD in Bullshit from the Planet of Dicks.

There's also no compelling evidence to believe it originated in nature too.

Let's bring on evidences onto the table please... before we shut anything down
    Alright then, go on. Prove it. Show me your lack of evidence.

That’s the same BS atheists like to do with theists. Prove it! You can’t? Cased closed. We’ve conclusively proven that there’s no God.

Examine your own belief 1st. Why are you shutting down this possibility because an astrophysicist said so? All I’m asking is to keep an opened mind and not shut the door on something too prematurely. Even WHO is more opened to it. Why are you refusing to open your mind just a little? Not asking to change positions, just be a bit more open to it.

I really do believe that astrophysicist is full of BS. Let Dr. Fauci or some virologist or infectious disease expert write something like that.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 28th, 2021 at 06:48 AM.

For him, anything which is even remotely anti-CCP will be trumpeted like it's the second coming and God's Truth or whatever crap. Anything which is even remotely favourable to them, or which even dares to give them the benefit of the doubt, will be "WE NEED MORE INFORMATION BEFORE A CONCLUSION CAN BE REACHED BECAUSE WHO KNOWSSSSSSS".

For you CCP is just awesome and deserve to be praised!

Serious YW, there’s a real possibility that US is complicit with this lab leak accident. Farming out dangerous research that you yourself can’t do on your own soils is just wrong…

I hope that’s not the case.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 28th, 2021 at 06:53 AM.