Page 101 of 433 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

You want real science info. This is a published article, about the genetic makeup of SARS-CoV-2, aka COVID19.

Good luck. It is high level genetics talk, a lot of which is over my head.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We can entertain various possibilities, but ideally we follow the evidence rather than entertain ones that are pure speculation.
    Swervo, this time I don’t think I’ve screwed up my writing style and caused combativeness...

However, I did introduce an idea that’s perhaps causing some allergic reaction from others.

Anyway, I read that NPR piece, I understand that Coronavirus has natural origins. It is even possible the virus jumped directly to humans without involving other wild animals, wet markets, nor labs! However, is it really too difficult to believe labs could have accidents and accidentally release a natural virus? Considering we have absolutely no proofs at all still! All the evidences are in China!

There were other conspiracies saying perhaps CCP intentionally released it, but either CCP was really stupid playing with fire that got out of control, at least to me, if it is lab released, it most likely is an accident.

Anyway, I’m particularly concerned with the HIV conspiracies... whether it’s from that epoch times documentary or from that mad French scientist... I’ve also seen this:
    https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ing-protective

Of course I hope I’m wrong.

I was hoping that I was wrong about this virus since January.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 18th, 2020 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    You want real science info. This is a published article, about the genetic makeup of SARS-CoV-2, aka COVID19.

Good luck. It is high level genetics talk, a lot of which is over my head.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
    Yes, truly over my head!

My take away is this:
    “ It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. ”

Improbable is not impossible!

I am really scared to death about this virus acting somewhat like HIV.

If CCP actually engineered this, I think we should mutherfoquen destroy that regime.

However, if that mad French scientist is right... at least they were trying to pursue vaccine for AIDS... accidents happen...

Or if all of this came about thru natural evolutionary causes... then I guess it’s clear Mother Nature or God wants humanity to chill at home and stop screwing with planet earth...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 18th, 2020 at 01:32 PM.

Administrator
    Naah, I didn't think it was particularly combative, and I was trying not to be either.

I just don't see any evidence at all other than you seem to have a vested interest in somehow pinning this on the CCP. The CCP already fucked this up enough that they're one of the villains in this tale even if it didn't come out of one of their labs.

Until there's some actual evidence that this happened, I'm going to continue on with the explanation that not only makes the most sense, but has happened before. Otherwise, this feels like "is it really too difficult to believe that the earth is flat?"

My biased against the CCP is pretty clear. However, I’d like to get closer to the real truth too and I’m not determined to falsely pin something on the CCP if it’s clear that they didn’t do it.

That French dude actually wasn’t trying to paint the CCP or the Chinese scientists as bad guys... he was saying they were trying to create AIDS vaccine with their Coronavirus research...

Anyway, with hindsight, it’s easy to believe earth is round. However, prior to these kind of discoveries, for sure it was much harder to try to convince others that earth is round and that it revolves around the sun!

Science and sense don’t always go hand in hand. It’s easy to think Einstein is crazy when you 1st see theory of relativity. Further, Einstein could also end up very wrong when it comes to quantum mechanics.

In absence of actual proof, we need to have an opened mind.

It’s easy to duplicate physical science, but it’s much harder to find the virus/animals in question especially if the CCP won’t let you in to look at things... of course Trump cutting various funding prior to the mishap was also unfortunate... like the perfect storm...

Anyway, whether if this virus will behave like HIV or not, let’s all try not to catch it.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 18th, 2020 at 03:23 PM.

Okay, switching back to WHO, Taiwan not only should’ve been a member of the WHO, If Taiwan were in charge of the WHO, this entire disaster could’ve been avoided.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/17/212137...ngapore-taiwan

This will cause some people's head to *ASPLODE*. An article starts off by talking about Hong Kong's response to COVID, rather than Taiwan or Singapore.

I’m assuming YW is referring to my head?

Anyway, I have no biased against HK. I guess perhaps female leaders are better equipped to handle pandemics than men. I’m also grateful for HK protesters which reminded voters in Taiwan to not support pro-Beijing politicians.

Taiwan is for sure the most anti-Beijing of the 3 places listed in the article... and the end result is that Taiwan has the least # of covid cases even if one ignores Taiwan population is way higher than HK and Singapore combined many times over! If HK were truly allowed to have their own separate political system from China as promised, I’m sure HK could have even fewer cases.

CCP is simply not trustworthy. Trust them at your own risk.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 18th, 2020 at 10:17 PM.

Good news, kind of:
    In talking to first-responders, healthcare and *office workers the numbers seem grossly understated in NY.
    The front-line folks with symptoms have been getting tested and a lot of them were positive, only about 10% required a hospital visit and those are the ones that have gone back to get retested. That could mean the actual recoveries are something like 10x higher (*maybe more)

*Office workers, while the least important group for dealing with the pandemic are also the least tested and the ones most likely to ride a crowded subway. With a 5.6M weekday subway ridership (say about 2M each way during the rush hours), the 134k confirmed cases in NYC could conservatively be something like 1M (and 2M for the metro area [NY + NJ have 317k confirmed cases]). The good news being that recoveries might already be at 90% and in the millions.

What shocks me is how densely populated places like Tokyo, the eastern Chinese and India can have so few cases (though NYC did not seem to take it seriously for about two weeks and the data lagged for about two weeks before that, so a full month of basically no precautionary measures taken).

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Encinitas: I. am. disappoint.

Actually, a bunch pearl-clutching upper middle class whites demanding that beaches re-open? While wearing masks?

acket.