Page 102 of 433 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    Encinitas has always been a little backwards. Lots of San Diego county is.

Junior Potato
    The current big mover is Russia, firmly exponential and powering up the list and set to hit 100K in a few days. There will be a question about the accuracy of their numbers given its geographical size, population, proximity to China, and it’s political relationship with the West. Either way the data says it’s a late bloomer compared to the rest of the world.

I missed it but the UK hit 100K a few days ago. Things are still a real struggle there but at least the death rate has levelled off for now.

They are fascists, so they cannot even think about behaving like in the ole days.

Junior Potato

Wow, they even let family members be on the COVID19 patients' side? So humane... or perhaps the whole family's infected already?

In CA, I think patients die alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    His obit.
    https://www.snyderfuneralhomes.com/o...hn-w-mcdaniel/

He ate his words. At first I thought "that's appropriate."

After reading his obituary, I was filled with sadness. He had a life and seemed like an entertaining guy. Due to his determination to prove us wrong, he died. Likely many years before he should have.

For what?

Administrator
    Assuming that this is appropriate for this thread, seeing as it is related to the pandemic...

Holy shit. Oil trading prices just hit $1.50 a barrel.

I saw a saying on FB a while back goes something like...

Quarantine, no human right!
    No Quarantine, no human left!

This coronavirus is wreaking havoc on us all and there's really no right way and no "left" way for us to do this.

Staying home is our current best course of action, but this comes with a tremendous economic cost and I'm not sure if this is sustainable longterm.

Yeah, if there are folks simply protesting stay at home orders because they want to have beach parties, fuck them.

However, if there are folks who are currently starving at home and simply want to return to 'normalcy', I am truly sympathetic.

It is really freaking amazing to me why it's so hard to even come up with enough tests for us to do extensive testing. If only we could have plenty enough of those test, we could probably open things back up and just shut down whatever areas that truly need to be shut down.

Considering WHO has such a huge budget being funded by multiple nations, shouldn't they have these test kits ready for which ever nation in need before things got out of hand?

Our own CDC is also not working very well, but perhaps that's due to Trump's earlier funding cuts?

Anyway, forget about treatments or vaccines for now... we need to have plenty of test kits available for all before we can entertain the possibility of opening things back up. People who have tested positive, I wonder if Americans will be opened to allow the government to constantly monitoring their where abouts... if sick people continued to roam freely, then it still won't work. Temporary suspension of few individual rights should be a lot better than suspension of rights for all people, right? Anyway, this is the part I'm not sure US could follow in Taiwan's footsteps... Americans cherish their 'freedom' much more... However, our freedom shouldn't cause others to possibly get sick and die, right? Our political polarization is causing additional difficulties with this fight against COVID19...

I wonder what the new normal will be in our future... sigh...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 20th, 2020 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Assuming that this is appropriate for this thread, seeing as it is related to the pandemic...

Holy shit. Oil trading prices just hit $1.50 a barrel.
    I wonder what is Greta doing right now.

She's most likely unemployed right now, right?

She needs to find a new cause to fight against!

Actually I think we probably need to go back to the global warming thread... I kept on getting confused with these 2 threads!