Page 103 of 433 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    The WHO had tests kits ready and has given them to at least 60 different countries. They're ideally meant for countries that don't have the internal apparatus to make their own tests.

Yeah, for sure US shot itself in the foot this time... we screwed up royally and probably too proud or too busy downplaying the threat to ask for help from WHO.

It’s unbelievable how we screwed up from the get go... was our ability to fight infectious disease completed gutted by Trump? Sigh...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 20th, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    His obit.
    https://www.snyderfuneralhomes.com/o...hn-w-mcdaniel/

He ate his words. At first I thought "that's appropriate."

After reading his obituary, I was filled with sadness. He had a life and seemed like an entertaining guy. Due to his determination to prove us wrong, he died. Likely many years before he should have.

For what?
    Yep, it’s incredibly unfortunate.

I hope people use it as a lesson.

They won't.

Administrator
    Georgia's governor says they're going to open up some businesses this Friday (hair salons, massage places, tattoo shops, that sorta thing), and then follow that up with restaurants, movie theaters, etc. on Monday. Not only is Georgia not coming off a 14-day decrease in new cases as per the guideline, their number of new cases per day is still going up.

Never thought I'd be one to chant "build the wall", but these are strange times.

Typical republican.

This is really odd.

The prolife folks don’t mind dying because they want to have to choice to not stay home....

The pro choice folks gladly surrender their right to choose how to live their lives by staying home to save each other’s lives.

I really don’t get this.

Human beings are as weird as this virus. We’ve finally met our match I guess...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 20th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Life comes at you fast.

I really don't care that he was a good fun loving guy who loved OSU and all that other bullshit. I don't.
    He chose to disbelieve medical experts and got and died from corona virus. Exposing a number of healthcare workers to him as they now had to take care of him in his illness.

I'm ALL FOR people choosing to ignore the stay at home guidelines, as long as it means they forfeit getting medical help for corona virus.

And for the idiots suggesting it will only kill 0.2% of the population (whatever the number is) and that that's an acceptable number, how about you volunteer to be one of the 0.2%; get yourself infected with it and let us experiment on you with drugs to see if they work or not to cure' kill this virus.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Don't mean to offend anyone, seriously, but here in NZ me and a lot of people i know are completely dumbfounded by the USA's response to Coronavirus, and in general.

Like, to the point where we wonder whether the USA is actually borderline a third world country - your job security sucks, healthcare system sucks - in terms of having to pay for it, your current president is a complete *&%&*$, gun laws make it seem like everyone needs a semi-automatic to live safely, the coronavirus response has been disgustingly bad, plus (genuinely) heaps more reasons that i can't recall at the moment.

Maybe we're just lucky here in NZ, but honestly we just don't 'understand' why the USA does and is the above things.

It actually pisses me off in a way, as these politicians etc are essentially playing with people's lives with every decision they make. And usually the decisions are the wrong ones. I honestly feel for you guys.

One quick point - The term "Third World Country" has fallen out of favor, and it's regarded as preferable to say "Developing World" or "Global South."

That said, Yeah - the USA definitely now has a lot of traits which we stereotypically associate with that type of nation, we're just really good at deluding ourselves that WE'RE #1! WHOOOOOOO!!!
    -Formerly Stabulator