Page 11 of 433 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    24,000 infected, over 1,000 recovered and around 500 died, 99% of which are in China.

What bothers me right now is the very low recovery rate outside of China so far, it's around 5% and no word that I can see if people are slowly improving, getting worse, or what...how long will these people be sick? Things like that bother me, even if the mortality rate as reported is less than 3%
    It just takes a while to work through, it doesn’t mean you’re ‘sick’ the whole time. You should be much happier about the low mortality rate outside of China, thats the one that matters.

In other news, the cabinet maker were getting to do some stuff in the new house doesn’t want to come over for 2 weeks after we get home. That’s annoying.

That sucks, man, you'd better send him photos to prove that you were fast enough to escape from the zombies.

It's a lockout then.

BRRRAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    BRRRAAAAIIIINNNNSSS
    What does that even mean? It's all ethereal now.
    acket.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-virus-update

One American who was in Wuhan has died.

A Japanese man also died, but this is not mentioned in the headline or even in the first para. It is only mentioned I. the second line of the second para. And if you search for Japan death coronavirus on Google, the cnbc and NYT headlines only mention the death of the American. The only English language headline about his death is from The Japan Times.

Top headline of ABC (australia) news website... "Coronavirus kills American and Japanese men in Wuhan, the first non-Chinese fatalities"
    although the actual story link only refers to the American
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...-alps/11947010

Maybe its the timing of how the news broke. And to be honest news outlets do tend to focus on local aspects of stories.

I hadn’t looked at ABC, and there are probably many reasons for it, but the approach of certain sectors should be noted.

Billi must love it when people vandalise air conditioners for clinics which have been designated to process suspected positives. No doubt he thinks it's not as fun or effective as putting and exploding IEDs in hospital toilets or disabled toilets, but hey!

Good luck with HK, I’ll keep you guys in my prayers and stop arguing with you. I think you are really turning into another Neanderthal. Enjoy the CCP!

However, I do love it when Taiwan picked up some international support after being barred by WHO!

https://thediplomat.com/2019/05/taiw...alth-assembly/

WHO is actually not as unbiased as what most people think. Even during a global health crisis, they would ignore Taiwan due to pressures from Beijing. Lucky for the Taiwanese that they still have control of their own destiny...