Page 116 of 433 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

I do what?

There are 300 million americans so there are potentially 300 million different shades of gray. My suggestion was to allow each of those 300 million to make up their own mind... if you are part of the out group, you'll not be able to easily come back to the in-group until we made sure you're not positive with the virus. If you want to be the in-group, you'll have to wait in line to get 'out' because 20% of the folks could potentially be hospitalized, so we want to manage the amount of folks we let out.

Anyway, ideally we should have a non-political scientific authority to help us make the decisions, but unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is such a trustworthy group. For example, I don't fully trust the WHO... I guess the best possible person in the US would be Dr. Fauci, it'd be nice if he has complete authority... as in some similar capacity as a commander-in-chief during this pandemic war... Allow him to make the most scientific decisions and just skip Trump!

It's sad that we're living in a world where we have so many untrustworthy people in positions of power. I guess that's why we're where we are.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 29th, 2020 at 04:27 PM.

Administrator
    I thought you knew what I was saying. With the 50 shades of grey? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more?

Meh, nevermind.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And you wonder why we often say that you only see things in black or white...
    I find it sad, yet funny, that you guys still need to explain this to people. Or at least to someone.

Administrator
    I mean, every once in a while you feel like you found that smoking gun, the thing that will trigger the "a-ha!" moment, and you still have hope. Then you make a dirty joke and that also falls flat.

Anyway, heading into day 50 of quarantine.

Yup. It's amazing how people can go all binary on everything.

Don’t we pretty much live in a binary world? Forget about computers, we have only 2 major parties. It’s either right or left. It’s either liberty or death. Pro-life or pro-choice. It’s not just me. FWIW, I not really with either party and I’m both prolife and pro choice. Am I really the binary person?

Anyway, found a most informative article thus far:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...tainty/610819/

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I find it sad, yet funny, that you guys still need to explain this to people. Or at least to someone.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...th-data-report

But it's China supposed to be hiding things not us... /s

Meanwhile, in NZ

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/f...ne-contactless

Coffee via a toy train, fish and chips passed through a cat-door.