Page 135 of 433 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Female Masturbatory Aid
    That is fucking brilliant.

Fucking. Brilliant.

#BHS

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I find the whole 5G thing absolutely fascinating. Fascinating that people are so incredibly stupid. I build 5G sites....

My favrorite "discussion" is when someone says "your WiFi router is 5G..." not the same thing, not at all. 3G, 4G, 5G, is the "generation". 5G is a bandwidth augmentation on existing frequencies (in my case 600Mhz).

Not to mention, RF radiation from the antennas is non-ionizing.... you could burn yourself if you stood in front of an antenna for a few minutes.

Administrator
    I found out from my local Nextdoor that there's a "Stop 5G" group that meets monthly. I really wanted to go, but since we're in lockdown the meetings are on zoom, which makes it way too easy to kick me out.

I'm not even sure how this one got started. I feel like nobody had the same freakout over 3 or 4G, why the concern about this one specifically?

And can you imagine what'll happen with 6G? I'm sure someone will claim that "G" is an old mathematical notation that means "repeat the previous number two more times" and it stands for 666 and we're all doomed.

So over rated is the education.

I think the main reason to fan such conspiracy is because of Huawei... the maker of most of the world's 5G equipment.

The conspiracy itself is of course BS. I kinda doubt we even have this sort of tech that could activate sickness remotely...

However, the political reasons are there... US couldn't even convince UK to not use Huawei equipment initially, but now with this pandemic going on, UK is changing its mind finally.

The chinese most likely subsidize Huawei to develope these hardware at a lower price... or maybe Huawei is just better at it. Of course I don't know for sure.

From another perspective, US never subsidized companies like Boeing to help it gain an edge over the rest of the world? So yeah, it's unfair business practice, but not sure if it can be blamed.

It's kinda like we have nuclear bombs but we're telling other folks that you can't have nuclear bombs.

It's not like US government isn't secretly spying on its own citizens as well with our existing networks... so since US couldn't scare enough people with privacy violation, we've decided to leverage this virus.

Anyway, this is not my field of expertise, I don't know what's the best course of action. Whenever I'm online, I just assume somebody is watching me. I've also purchased cheap chinese cameras to monitor our cats' litter boxes... so if they want a peek, go ahead!

Here's an interesting podcast of a possibly different 5G approach for the US:

https://www.marketplace.org/shows/ma...ommunications/
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 21st, 2020 at 09:07 AM.

(<<<that's a link.)

How is that pandemic related?

Anyway, our fired CEO at least was a true aerospace engineer rose from the bottom... I think he was kinda unlucky or perhaps pressured into making dumb decisions. He has always stressed about owning our mistakes and I don’t think he has been that defiant and unwilling to admit to mistakes.

Our new CEO is a true business bean counter from GE. So it’s only going to get worse. Boeing cannot truly reform without at least firing the entire board.

Democratize Boeing will probably only work as well as democratizing USA. Poor workers will continue to get screwed while the CEO and sr management continues to make shit load of money making stupid decisions.

Democracy is definitely better than dictatorship, but it obviously cannot solve the wealth gap problem.

Wealth gap problem can only be solved if the rich could one day realize that there are more important goals to attain other than making shit load of money...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 21st, 2020 at 11:16 AM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm not even sure how this one got started. I feel like nobody had the same freakout over 3 or 4G, why the concern about this one specifically?
    There was a push back against 4G five years ago among your chemtrails/antivax/science-denier-truther set and it revolved around the same issues that people were wrongly bringing up about 5G a year ago: they thought it was radiation that caused cancer etc.

The 4G backlash didn’t have a global crisis to attach it to, so it didn’t become big enough news to become noteworthy, although scientists of the time did have to try and allay everyone’s fears, for what good that does.

The way this got started was due to the mischief makers on usual websites like 4chan and 8chan, feeding it out via qanon into various Facebook groups built specifically for gullible people and it getting picked up by an escalating scale of ‘news’ outlets like infowars, Breitbart, Fox News and eventually to the White House.

Instead of separate interests we now have a giant soup of idiocy who’s ingredients consist of hippie antivaxers, chemtrail conspiracists, 4/5G gronks (on the conspiracist left) as well as chads, incels, MAGA dorks, “COVID is gay” idiots, lab truthers and white supremacists (on the conspiracist right) all being fed a constant stream of bullshit via social media, greased up by years of forgetting their own ability to think critically.

And they all vote. Or they would if it was compulsory.