Page 21 of 433 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Trump needed a fall guy, he’s the perfect choice!

To be fair to Pence, NASA said it’s okay to touch that piece of hardware because they were going to clean it anyways....

California has just gotten its 1st case of don't know how the hell he got infected case..., meaning this dude didn't travel anywhere near China nor does he know anybody from China..., meaning COVID19 is starting to spread within the US.

Yeah, it might be annoying to catch it and there's a low chance that I may die, but I'm not too concerned about it at this point.

However, the silverlining that I'm personally hoping for is the weakening of Xi's or CCP's power in China... and likewise the weakening of Trump's power in the US. If the world could somehow get rid of those 2 assholes, I don't mind getting sick and risking death or losing a bit of wealth due to market crashes...

It will really suck if the world endures such hardships and then those 2 clowns continue to retain their power...

Junior Potato
    Can you leave all the politics stuff in the politics thread?

I'll try, but hope you understand that it may not be possible to be completely politics free. It became a very international political topic from the very beginning and we even got Pence involved in the thread now! Anyway, I'll try to keep my opinions to a minimal. Sorry for offending you for badmouthing a dictator and a dictator wanna be.

Junior Potato
    It’s not offensive at all. You’re entitled to your opinion. But as the coronavirus risk escalates I’m sure all of us would appreciate you leaving those opinions in the politics thread, not this thread. Bear in mind this thread was created specifically so that you’d keep the fearmongering out of the climate change thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    California has just gotten its 1st case of don't know how the hell he got infected case..., meaning this dude didn't travel anywhere near China nor does he know anybody from China..., meaning COVID19 is starting to spread within the US.

Yeah, it might be annoying to catch it and there's a low chance that I may die, but I'm not too concerned about it at this point.

However, the silverlining that I'm personally hoping for is the weakening of Xi's or CCP's power in China... and likewise the weakening of Trump's power in the US. If the world could somehow get rid of those 2 assholes, I don't mind getting sick and risking death or losing a bit of wealth due to market crashes...

It will really suck if the world endures such hardships and then those 2 clowns continue to retain their power...
    *Sigh*

I've already posted this once, several pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson
    Stolen from FB's SciBabe:

"So before the panic sets in...

This doesn't mean there were 15,000 new infections overnight. It means that the change in diagnostic criteria now includes symptomatic patients with a positive chest x-ray who haven't had a positive test for COVID19. This introduces the possibility of casting too wide of a net because other viruses produce similar clusters of symptoms, but it's also going to help get more patients with previously undiagnosed COVID19 the care they need.

In the last week, new cases of the virus appeared to slow. It's harder now to tell how much of that was due to a bottleneck in testing. It still has a 2% mortality rate.

It's a scary bug.
    If you're sick, avoid humans.
    Wash your hands.
    And get your goddamn flu shot."

With all due respect Son of God, I honestly don't see how my post is disagreeing with what you said several pages back. Do you really see me conflicting with what you said based on what you've quoted?

I'm only adding new information... that CA officially has its 1st real case not imported from anywhere... and the stock market is going down because of it. These are facts and no so great news for all of us. I added my personal opinion of a possible silverlining to all these crappy news. Very well, we can strike my silverlining opinion out and just stick with the crappy news in the future. Let's just stick to the cold hard facts. I have no problems with that. Also, please also don't mention how we need to praise China, particularly Xi and the CCP too! That's be too political and offensive to me! Now if after the fact, it was determined that China really should be priased and Xi is really as benevolent as King Jesus, I have no problem praising them either. I'm not against facts and all conspiracy theory. I only have conspiracy theories when facts are not readily available.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 27th, 2020 at 01:48 PM.

I'm saying the CDC and WHO changed their classifications to what the Coronavirus is. By proxy, more things will be popping up as being positive for it.

It is the same thing as what has happened with autism. Previously, autism had a very specific scale, and other developmental things, like Asperger's were not considered as "on the spectrum" of Autism. A few years ago, for whatever reason, that was changed and Asperger's was roped into autism. Along with a few other forms of developmental disabilities. Because of this, we have seen "an increase in autism in the develop world.". In actuality, we are probably just spreading a more broad net and catching more fish that have previously been otherwise looked over.

Hope this clears it up.

I'm not following this stuff real closely, I just see what people post on FB, so grain of salt and all that...

Tyler, do you know if this bug is no big deal for healthy individuals? People are saying the mortality rate (percentage) is lower than the flu. If that's true I think the panic will blow over pretty quickly no?

Junior Potato
    That's what is being reported. It's no worse than a bad flu if you're of good health. If you get it.