Page 219 of 433 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Shit like this helps reharden my stance on not shooting weddings.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    So heartless. So uncaring. Doesn't she know it was her wedding day?!?!?!?!
    I saw a dude ordering a 30-person cake people the other day. Some people act like they expect it to be their last party.
    acket.

I'm unable to learn the moral of that wedding photographer's story... and also had trouble picking a side.

Sure, it's incredibly selfish of the bride and groom and dumb for the guests attending, but was the photographer unaware of the fact that it's an unmasked event? Was it really smart to just assume everyone is COVID free? Why couldn't she turn down the job before the job began?

As long as nobody told her that the groom tested positive, she would've been okay with such unmasked event?

I understand the wedding party was selfish and dumb, but I'm having difficulties understanding what the photographer was thinking. No masks no problem, but if I know somebody's positive, then she can pull a Tom Cruise? Even Tom Cruise didn't do that! He just want people to follow proper protocols!

Lastly, what was the point of publishing this story? Should I really feel sympathetic for the photographer? I feel bad that she got Covid, but she should not have accepted that gig without masks. We just don't know who's infected girl... the sick won't always tell you, plus some might not even know that they're sick! Masks at all times in public please! Don't count on people to tell you!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 17th, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

Administrator
    I dunno, the photographer's poor choices don't come anywhere close to knowingly exposing people to covid, imho.

I agree.

However, I’m hoping people are not trying to blame their poor choices onto those who made even poorer choices.

This thing is going to spread knowingly and unknowingly. The bride and groom are for sure assholes. However, having any kind of party maskless in times like these should indicate that this is a party for assholes. Refuse this job or take this job and keep your mask on and try to stay far away from these people with a big zoom lense...

Blaming the asshole groom won’t help you avoid this virus. We cannot count on others to look after ourselves with this.

We already know most conservatives think this is just another flu, if there are people who also think it’s the responsibility of family and friends to inform us if they’re sick, then no wonder we’re having a giant spike post thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 17th, 2020 at 02:13 PM.

First and foremost, fuck the family who let the wedding continue when someone tested positive.

Secondly, the photog shouldn't have been shooting the photos without an N95 at minimum, and honestly shouldn't have been shooting a wedding without masks on. Period. End of discussion.

Fuck anyone who makes any day more important than the safety of someones life.

Fuck the teacher who puts the children she teaches at risk for the sake of a fucking overplayed day.

I was in a decent mood until I saw that story, now I want this fucking comet to take us out.

Junior Potato
    NSW North Sydney cluster now at 28 cases. No more direct flights scheduled between Sydney and Adelaide or Brisbane. Qld government has declared the area a hotspot and Police are now meeting all flights to Qld at the airport and checking for travellers from the declared hotspot. Today those travellers are being directed to home quarantine, and tomorrow they will be put up in self-paid hotel quarantine.

One plane that few into North Queensland had 12 travellers from said hotspot. One woman who arrived in Qld yesterday has since tested positive to COVID and authorities are doing contact tracing on her fellow passengers in adjacent rows, letting them know to quarantine and get tested.

Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia imposed new border restrictions and quarantine measures on visitors from all or part of NSW

A tweet, from the editor-in-chief of Rotten Tomatoes Joel Meares, who has just returned from New York:

https://twitter.com/joelmeares/statu...30812544040960
    Look, sitting in hotel quarantine watching #NSWHealth conference is stressful. That said, having sat through 9 months of this in NYC, just hearing talk of genome sequencing and contact tracing and sharp press questions and informative answers: I feel like I am in another world.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; December 17th, 2020 at 04:19 PM.

Junior Potato
    The possible source of the current cluster may have been a traveller from overseas carrying a strain very similar to a North American source, but cannot confirm if that person is the source, as it may have been transmitted 'invisibly' through a few hosts before becoming apparent.

In related news, the NSW government is changing the rules for international airline crews, who do not have to quarantine on arrival into Australia. Currently they can stay in up to 20 different hotels, but it has been found that some crews went and visited bars in Sydney in recent weeks, breaching the rules. Now the government is reducing that number of hotels to two, closer to the airport, making it easier for authorities to conduct checks to make sure crews are staying where they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    First and foremost, fuck the family who let the wedding continue when someone tested positive.

Secondly, the photog shouldn't have been shooting the photos without an N95 at minimum, and honestly shouldn't have been shooting a wedding without masks on. Period. End of discussion.

Fuck anyone who makes any day more important than the safety of someones life.

Fuck the teacher who puts the children she teaches at risk for the sake of a fucking overplayed day.

I was in a decent mood until I saw that story, now I want this fucking comet to take us out.
    If only we have more Tom Cruises and Godsons, Covid19 would’ve probably been eliminated/contained by now without need for vaccines...

Will you just shut up, man?