Page 229 of 433 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

I'm sure I'll get it eventually - emphasis on eventually. As it stands, I'm pretty close to the back of the line.
    I expect it'll be fall before I get jabbed, unless someone can make a really strong case that we "absolutely must get to the northern Yukon Territory this summer," and I mean the site has been there for give or take ~25,000 years...
    -Formerly Stabulator

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Further, she's also my dad's main care taker, she can't afford to have sore arms or fevers and be left unable to take care of my dad.
    For what it's worth, everyone I know that's gotten it has had nothing worse than "feeling like a cold is coming on" for less than a day, and then felt better. It's the immune system kicking in to attack that spike protein that the vaccine gets your cells to produce. It's up to her/you whether up-to-a-full-day of that is a dealbreaker or not, but outside of pretty rare allergic reactions that's all I've heard about.

Yeah fingers crossed...

Wife was telling me lots of Asian seniors are refusing this vaccine. Bunch of her friends are saying their parents or in-laws won’t get the vaccine...

Must be brainwashed by epoch times or some other BS rumors...

Anyway, hope to eventually convince her using the power of love... if you love your grand daughter and wish to see her.., for her benefit... please please please?

That's probably a smart strategy, Billi.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I have plenty of material to help her understand the mRNA vaccine is totally different than traditional vaccines, if you would like. The issue is, they are graduate level medical articles. She should also speak with her primary care provider prior to getting vaccinated to make sure she is safe to receive it.

I think one of the reasons why science can’t be effective is because fear is just too powerful of an emotion... appreciate you’re help of course, but I’m pretty sure she couldn’t be swayed by science.

However, talking to her family doctor is a must of course. Let’s see if vaccines will be available for her come February...

Tell them that their grandchildren will miss them.

Speaking of...

We don’t have vaccines available for my 9year old daughter yet. Assuming all the adults got their vaccines, although all the adults might be safe, but there’s no guarantee my kid without the vaccine will be safe, right?

What’s the science on that?

I’m inclined to not send her back to school until vaccines for kids are available. Am I being unreasonable or unscientific here?

Today, more Americans have died of Covid-19 in one year, then all Americans who died during the 4 years of WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    Today, more Americans have died of Covid-19 in one year, then all Americans who died during the 4 years of WWII.
    A stunning statistic.

During WWII, Americans "on the home front" participated in rationing of just about everything, planted victory gardens to help feed their families and others, volunteered to watch the skies and the seas at both coasts, recycled and salvaged anything that could be rebuilt and reused to help the war effort, worked around the clock in factories building war equipment, and more.

Today, we can't even get some Americans to wear face masks to protect themselves and each other. It's just too much effort, apparently.