Page 248 of 433 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

1st class!!!

Hope someday we can travel 1st class too... don’t even care where!

I always end up sitting in the back next to the bathrooms in the seats that don't recline.

And by the time the stewardesses make it that far back, their carts have been picked clean like skeletons in the desert. I'm lucky to get some Khlav Kalash and a can of crab juice.

What? Who drinks crab juice? You meant cranberry juice?

Yes. Crab juice.

Administrator
    It's pretty nice. Sometimes it's this outrageous upgrade price, but sometimes it's not really that bad, like I think when we went to Cancun years ago the coach price was around $600 and first class was $1400. It was just two of us and we're going for a week trip to Cancun where they were going to get way more than $800 out of us, it seems downright reasonable then.

I've only flown first class twice. The first time was going to Norway with family. My dad was always traveling for work and collecting miles, so he ended up getting the whole family of four first-class tickets for the price of one coach seat. I was 16, I think. Turns out that not only do drinking age rules not apply when you're flying internationally, but the drinks are free in first class. I learned a lot about champagne and vodka on that trip. The second was that trip to Cancun. The seats reclined electrically, like modern car seats. Just about everyone up front was reclined when they had an electrical fire onboard that shut down all the non-essential electronics, which apparently included the seats. I'm pretty sure every single flight attendant demanded that we make our seats upright prior to landing and every one took a significant amount of convincing that we'd love to, but couldn't. Got to land feeling like I was riding a luge, so that was a good time.

Someday, I’ll be able to travel 1st class and with all I can drink crab juice or whatever drinks since everything is free... or included!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    1st class!!!

Hope someday we can travel 1st class too... don’t even care where!
    For domestic is usually not that big a deal, but long haul or international its a nice step up.

Administrator
    I'm still a little miffed that my last company wouldn't spring for business class unless you were an SVP or higher. Like, I get not doing that for short haul flights but they had me doing flights to Tel Aviv. They wouldn't even spring for the "extra legroom" seats. I paid myself for those, $150 round trip. Cheap bastards. Even that little change was a life-changer on an 11 hour flight.

Administrator
    LA County have said the next group that will be eligible will be the homeless. I surprisingly haven't heard anyone complain about this yet, but when you're trying to triage by the most vulnerable, it's the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Turns out that not only do drinking age rules not apply when you're flying internationally, but the drinks are free in first class.
    In my experience, drinks are free in EVERY class when you're flying internationally on non-American non-budget airlines.