Page 263 of 433 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm reading a book on software architecture for work. It's pretty boring. However, there's one bit of wisdom in it that I think applies here, and while it seems obvious in hindsight, it was revelatory for me.

You are not looking to create the perfect system, the best system, or even the right system. That system does not exist. You are looking to create the least worst system. Everything has tradeoffs, and you're looking for the one that sucks the least.

People are going to refuse to take the vaccine. You can't just automatically sign people up because the vaccines have a shelf life and unfortunately we have a sizable part of the population that will not take them. That size will change as people see their friends getting it and not turning into sentient 5G towers, but you can't predict that.

The system right now works pretty well all things considered. It is likely the least worst.
    ...least worst system applies to politics as well. If only some people understood that.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Which one was it? I'm gonna try to get my brother to go get jabbed.
    Johnson & Johnson, so I'm one and done on it. I understand that FEMA is relinquishing control of CSU LA to the state as of Monday morning, and they'll have other options beyond the Johnson & Johnson. I'm totally fine with the J&J, but I get some people might want the mRNA vaccines.

The entirety of LA city is now 16+, essentially everyone's that's going to be eligible is now eligible. He should be able to sign up just about anywhere. The entire state will open up to 16+ on Thursday.

In other news, my muscles are sore as hell today. No other side effects outside of just feeling more tired than usual.

I had no noticeable side effects with Pfizer. I had sore joints before the shot and it got worse day after the shot, but all better now. Not really sure it was really a real side effect... wife had a bruise and sore arm at the area of injection.

I heard Pfizer may not be too effective with the South Africa strain... if true, hope they’ll come up with a booster shot?

Moderna is really my favorite if I could choose... I really don’t like Pfizer ceo...

But too bad I didn’t really have many choices...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Johnson & Johnson, so I'm one and done on it. I understand that FEMA is relinquishing control of CSU LA to the state as of Monday morning, and they'll have other options beyond the Johnson & Johnson. I'm totally fine with the J&J, but I get some people might want the mRNA vaccines.

The entirety of LA city is now 16+, essentially everyone's that's going to be eligible is now eligible. He should be able to sign up just about anywhere. The entire state will open up to 16+ on Thursday.

In other news, my muscles are sore as hell today. No other side effects outside of just feeling more tired than usual.
    I had injection site pain with Pfizer. I had foot surgery three days before so all I was doing was lying in bed. Bored out of mind. So I embarked on a 4000 mile roadtrip to LA the day after getting jabbed. Wasn't even there 2 days. But I needed the change of scenery and change of pace.

I checked with my brother and CSUN is a vaccine site too (3 miles from the apartment.) but he hasn't gone to get one. Weird dude ...

Administrator
    Yeah, he should just be able to hop on the My Turn CA website and get an appointment within the next day or two.

I’m (theoretically) scheduled to get J&J tomorrow... I’m expecting hell for side effects, hoping for the best

Wish I was getting one of the others, simply because J&J is the “least effective” and I have bad luck, but beggars can’t be choosers

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I’m (theoretically) scheduled to get J&J tomorrow... I’m expecting hell for side effects, hoping for the best

Wish I was getting one of the others, simply because J&J is the “least effective” and I have bad luck, but beggars can’t be choosers
    I DID get the J&J vaccine yesterday.... and then this news hit today:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine

Looks like they are halting the J&J vaccine until the 6 cases are further analyzed... as well as any other cases that (probably will) matriculate in the coming 3 or so weeks. Especially frustrating for me since I just had a frightening case of blood clots last summer and am now on blood thinners. I'll just try to stay calm and monitor myself. At least I know what to expect/feel after having experiencing them so recently.

Interesting that these single dose vaccines ended up with similar issues?

Still, I think the benefit outweigh the risks for both of AZ and JJ vaccines. Covid19 itself can cause a significant percentage of cases of blood clots too.

Just try not to be too stressed about it since this is so rare. Yeah, at least you've recently had experience with it and know what to expect if it happens? Good luck and take care!

Administrator
    Apropos...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Weird Alex' Pareene
    I'm no public health expert, but from what I've seen the clotting issue needs study. But since it only affected women, the right move would've been for the FDA to declare J+J the "Dudes Only" vaccine and then print t-shirts that say "It Takes a Real Man to Handle This Johnson"
    https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1381969298470567942

Ha! I guess based on the company's name, you know it doesn't believe in gender equality. It's all about johnsons and nothing else!