Page 269 of 433 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I saw a Tiktok of people who had issues after their shot. One lady looked like she'd been in a fight. Another one had a bunch of seizures. Another had unending trembles. I stopped at that point.

My early thoughts on the vaccines was that they had been rushed and I didn't want one until "we knew" what their effects would be. Every single medical professional I talked to said "get the first available vaccine." I don't second guess experts much in my life. So, I did my research on the vaccines and decided while i'd take any one, i'd prefer Pfizer.

Seeing that video has made me rethink a lil bit, but i've already been jabbed.
    If you watch enough airplane crashes, you’d rethink about flying too. Likewise enough scary car accidents, you’ll rethink driving.

Everything comes with risks, these giant corporations could also be greedy and rushing things, but often times benefits will out weigh the risks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I saw a Tiktok of people who had issues after their shot. One lady looked like she'd been in a fight. Another one had a bunch of seizures. Another had unending trembles. I stopped at that point.

My early thoughts on the vaccines was that they had been rushed and I didn't want one until "we knew" what their effects would be. Every single medical professional I talked to said "get the first available vaccine." I don't second guess experts much in my life. So, I did my research on the vaccines and decided while i'd take any one, i'd prefer Pfizer.

Seeing that video has made me rethink a lil bit, but i've already been jabbed.

<edit> Seeing now, that most adverse reactions are suffered by females. Which just fits nicely with patriarchy and other bullshit.
    Be real careful with some of those TikTok and other social media reports of crazy side effects. A bunch of them are from anti-vaxxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Be real careful with some of those TikTok and other social media reports of crazy side effects. A bunch of them are from anti-vaxxers.
    There is that.

I had a bit of a relapse later in the day. I was feeling lethargic, tired and achy. I barely slept for the second night in a row. I still feel a bit achy and low on energy.

Got my first shot (Pfizer) at a Walgreens yesterday. Felt the initial heat of the poison in my veins

But after that nothing, until about 6 hours later a bit of localized soreness in my arm. Still there ~20 hours later.

No other side effects so far.

Hopefully the second goes well. Scheduled for May 11.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

India continues to get worse.
    Its now at 300k new cases a day!!
    The past 2 days have been worse than the peak day for the USA (307k)
    With Brazil also bad it actually means the 7 day average for the world is now at its peak, over 800k for the first time.

Deaths are also up - but not as bad as the US was in Jan. Or the world total at that time.

So while it might see things are improving it is localised, other places are bad or at their worst.
    Australia has reduced incoming flights from India - these flights would be pretty much only returning Australian citizens. But the number arriving with covid and esp new variations is putting a strain on our system. We have had some infections between rooms in quarantine. These are in hotels, not hospitals.

On the good news, they may move forward with vaccination schedule for over 50s here, so I could be eligible sooner. Thats mostly because there are people not wanting the Astra-Zeneca shot, esp people who the govt are recommending to not get it.

In the meantime in US, vaccination rate dipped for the 1st time, this is after we open up for all age groups!

I guess most who want to be vaccinated are already vaccinated? The rest will follow the footsteps of Ted Nugent?

California has moved from worst to first in cases per capita and deaths per capita. Quite a remarkable achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    In the meantime in US, vaccination rate dipped for the 1st time, this is after we open up for all age groups!

I guess most who want to be vaccinated are already vaccinated? The rest will follow the footsteps of Ted Nugent?
    This is going to be the challenge going forward. There's probably enough people in the US that actively don't want the vaccine, that we might not actually reach "herd immunity" any time soon.