Page 279 of 433 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Took my nephew to a soccer tournament in Tulsa, Oklahoma this last weekend.
    Hotel required masks.

Otherwise it was a pretty much mask free environment. At the soccer fields, i was one of the few wearing a mask. At restaurants (we'd go somewhere for lunch between the kids games) same thing. Pretty much everywhere we went. We, nephew and I, were the few wearing masks.

This thing is not going to be over soon, vaccines or not.

I disagree a lot with Neanderthal and YW, but apparently we agree on masks.

Anyway, we may be overly cautious, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Herd immunity is not here yet and we actually may never reach it because we live in such free nation…

It’s amazing India failed to learn lessons from America when we had our peak, and now most Americans are ready to declare premature victory like India did…

I heard over the radio that it may take US 20 years to reach herd immunity naturally. Anyway, for me, I just won’t feel safe until my 9 yr old gets her shots! And I want to give these vaccines some time so that we have a better idea of how effective they really are. Even I can’t wait 20 yrs to get back to normal!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    We got our second Moderna earlier this week. We met up with some other vaxxed friends at a local pub we hadn't been to in 18 months. We wore our masks in, but NOBODY was wearing one. Staff, packed restaurant/bar, nobody.

So, yes, until people get past whatever stupid fucking reason they have for not wearing one, we'll be in this shit until 2023.

Administrator
    Michele got her second Moderna shot, felt pretty miserable the day after but about 48 hours after the shot was back to normal.

Getting my second Moderna shot on Wednesday, can’t wait for this to be behind me personally, even though this is still going to be a problem for a long time to come country/world wide

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    We got our second Moderna earlier this week. We met up with some other vaxxed friends at a local pub we hadn't been to in 18 months. We wore our masks in, but NOBODY was wearing one. Staff, packed restaurant/bar, nobody.

So, yes, until people get past whatever stupid fucking reason they have for not wearing one, we'll be in this shit until 2023.
    And that is exactly the reason why we won't get herd immunity for a while. You and your friends may have been vaxxed but what about the rest of the great unwashed?
    I'm staying the fuck home and keeping my mask on indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Michele got her second Moderna shot, felt pretty miserable the day after but about 48 hours after the shot was back to normal.
    My wife suffered more than me and we both had the same Pfizer shots. I only suffered some mild joint pains… similar to my parents actually… although they had moderna…so differences in side effects might be depending on our genes…

Anyway, glad she back to normal now.

Administrator
    Me too. I've seen tons of speculation as to why some people have a reaction and some don't, but it's all been anecdotal and often has some other anecdote that contradicts it.

I doubt studying that is a priority as long as the side effects aren't really anything more than unpleasant.

Yeah, whatever unpleasant side effects, they’ll most likely be much better than the actual infection!

I just wish we didn’t have this antiestablishment sentiment so that people can trust govt and big pharmas more.

I would not want to be the 1st in line for Pfizer vaccines too, but it should be clear now that it’s safe, right?

However, it’s effectiveness remains to be seen. If our #s continue to be low, then perhaps I don’t have to worry too much about that dead Indian doctor…

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    And that is exactly the reason why we won't get herd immunity for a while. You and your friends may have been vaxxed but what about the rest of the great unwashed?
    I'm staying the fuck home and keeping my mask on indefinitely.
    Yep, I wasn't too happy about it, considering I've only been around 4 different people the last 15 months.

Not happening again. If people want to socialize, we can do it at their/our house. You don't have to be in a fucking bar, I can't hear shit in them anyway. I've felt this way long before this plague bullshit.