Page 289 of 433 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Ah, outbreak in Taiwan immediately followed by factual or sympathetic articles from English-speaking media. Meanwhile, despite supermarket runs there is no "Failed State" suggestion. WHAT A SURPRISE.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; May 15th, 2021 at 04:15 PM.

Junior Potato

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Fatigue and pain has mostly gone away, but I have a pressure headache/eye ache thing that’s been persisting. No clue if its related, or if I’m just generally falling apart
    Michele had a lingering headache for about 4-5 days, but that's since let up. Hopefully yours does quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I mean, yeah, for example.

No, the media is not being controlled from behind the scenes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Ah, outbreak in Taiwan immediately followed by factual or sympathetic articles from English-speaking media. Meanwhile, despite supermarket runs there is no "Failed State" suggestion. WHAT A SURPRISE.
    Yes, I’m beginning to think Taiwan is probably going to finally join the failed state club after an year of doing a good job…

They now have hundreds of new cases daily…

Hope you’re happy YW?

Media is biased, even western ones. Most of us do know that.

If you were media and a nation gifted the world these uncontrolled events on the ground and in the sky, how would you report it?

Was just reading an article juxtaposing the difference in COVID vaccination in El Paso with it's southern neighbor Cuidad Juarez.

More people have been vaccinated in El Paso, the city, than the entire state of Chihuahua for instance. I understand the position of the US government, protecting it's people first should be it's priority. But this virus doesn't know or care if you are a US resident.

I really wish the governments would figure this shit out. Send semi trucks over, loaded with vaccines, send em to the hospitals, vaccine the hospital staff. Do it again next week, vaccine health care staff. Do it again the next week, vaccine immuno compromised and elderly. Teachers, childcare, elderly care and essential workers.
    Then send em to large vaccination sites, send federales to make sure the cartels don't try to make off with the vaccines and to establish and maintain order. First come first serve?

Start in the border cities. If people are willing to travel within Mexico to the border cities, fine, let them. Start in the border cities then once the "demand" drops move slowly and evenly south. This allows everybody the opportunity to get a vaccine, although it would allow the wealthy to get it first as they can afford to travel north to a border city to get one earlier.
    By insisting on doing it at the border cities and towns first we (the US) can ensure that most of the people nearest us are vaccinated, reducing flare ups and waves. Most of the cross border traffic comes ... right across the border!!!

Either way, not caring about how this vaccine rollout happens in the rest of the world is myopic as the virus will continue to mutate and new variants pop up, which might be impervious to the vaccines already in play. It's imperative to nip this in the bud now!

Bra fucking vo Straya.

Sucks if you're Australian and are in India trying to get out and get home, but, seriously, the fuck were you waiting for?

I personally think that's a bit harsh on your own citizens. I'd charter a plane to get all the infected citizens back and then quarantine them and help them medically at home... of course need to make sure the virus and the patients wont' 'escape' and infect others. I'd only not do this if I'm pretty sure my nation is incapable of doing quarantines safely like that?

Of course there are risks. I believe Taiwan does exactly what I said for its own citizens. Taiwan doesn't turn away it's own citizens no matter what... and now it appears to have gotten in trouble... However, it's still uncertain what the heck happen in Taiwan, I think it started originally by commercial pilot and flight attendant roaming around when they're sick. They were tested negative twice, but somehow became positive on the 3rd time. However, there were also incidents of doctor and nurse in hospitals getting infected... There were multiple incidents of essentially known positive cases who decided to ignore it and went out to have sex with others and out and about in public. Amazingly thoughtful assholes. Taiwan's success has also gotten people very complacent I guess... or perhaps the same line of defense isn't working on variant virus? We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, not trying to judge Straya or whatever, maybe he has learned the lesson from Taiwan, but just saying it's kinda cold to leave your own citizens stranded in India? But I suppose in such situations, you gotta do what you gotta do... You went to India on your own, nobody forced you there... so good luck mate!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 17th, 2021 at 07:58 AM.

You makes your choices, you takes your chances. They fucked around and are finding out!!!!

They had plenty of time from March last year to evacuate to Australia. I'm sure Australia even provided flights to do so.

They can get fucked IMO. The government is responsible for the entire Australian community. and preventing a pandemic in their country is part of their responsibility.