Page 295 of 433 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

We have enough vaccines to vaccinate everyone here. But thanks mainly to general selfishness, short-sightedness, and stupidity, we'll probably have to sell or give most of them away to other places and will only hit maybe 30-40% vacc. This will also affect our ability to buy more next year.

I'm at a lost what typical asian people are thinking about at the moment. Distrust of government and big pharma must've been their motivating factor? It can't be because they believe this virus is a hoax like Trump supporters?

Even in Taiwan, altho they don't have enough vaccines for everyone and only the AZ vaccines are available for healthcare workers, but most of them refused it and they are only vaccinated at around 10% level! Maybe they were afraid of blood clot and figure Taiwan was pretty safe so they figured the risk wasn't worth it? But it's not that safe anymore.

Even in the US, last time I checked, our healthcare workers are only 50% vaccinated. I wonder what the other half of them were thinking. Why do they think their work environment is safer than the vaccine? Do they know something we don't? Or are half of the healthcare workers just selfish and stupid?

Anyway, very difficult to figure out what people are thinking.

However, in Taiwan, 200+ cases daily is enough to scare them into a full lockdown.

Here in LA, we are celebrating with just 200+ cases daily and ready to fully demask and get back to normal.

What a difference vaccines make.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 26th, 2021 at 07:32 AM.

I'm at work right now, no mask required. But I keep instinctively putting it on

Administrator
    Debating going to the office for the first time tomorrow. Was going to try to do it today, but I have morning meetings and thought maybe that's not the best situation to find myself in when I have to figure out things like where I sit and how to get on the Wifi. Tomorrow is meeting-free, though.

The office is requiring people to wear masks the whole time they're there, so i'm figuring it'll be a half-day at the office just to get an idea of what it's like. I can't imagine wanting to sit around all day with a mask on when I could sit around all day at home without one.

Yeah, unless there's a 'physical' need for you to be there, I really don't see the urgency for going back to office for most office workers... masks or no masks.

Unless you have a micro-managing boss who just need to see you at your computer the whole day?

Anyway, I'm staying at home for as long as I can. It's particularly easier for me because my job is supporting a program/people over there in Alabama at the moment... so for sure I can't get to the office right now!

Administrator
    Yeah, there's not a need, but I do hear the new office is pretty swanky and honestly, after 14+ months I kinda want to see what it feels like to be in an office again.

It's also an excuse to get on the bike.

I dug my old backpack out of the closet. It was at the very bottom and covered by all the crap put on top of it since March of last year. No way am I not going in now that I've put in the effort to retrieve that.

HA!

Yeah, getting fit on the bike is probably also another good excuse.

As for me, I certainly don't miss the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I “can” walk around without a mask now, do the things, etc… but I still get stressed when I see someone else without a mask

This whole thing is going to take some deprogramming, but it’s good to be getting back to “normal”.
    Ditto

My office is now mask free if people are fully vaccinated. And June 14th is the first day of voluntary return. Though people have been working there throughout the pandemic due to us being a Class III medical device manufacturer and service center. I have gone in about once a week for a few hours over the course of time.

I have been way more productive this past year at home and I would like it to stay that way. The time I have saved from my commute has been a huge life improvement and I actually work more than I did when I was in the office. Once I'm out of the office and my mind has turned off that is it, I am done for the day. Yet when I work at home, I have no problem continuing to work on something way past when I would have left work. I really don't want to go back full time but I know it will be inevitable. I do have a small bit of hope that we will evolve into a hybrid system.

Administrator
    That's been one of my biggest difficulties. It's been a lot harder to maintain a work-life balance without that commute bookend. Sometimes I get up and am just immediately on the laptop (like this morning), and I've had days where that's extended to like 10-11 at night, and even meals eaten at the computer. It's really easy to let it just take over.

For my work, that's probably great because it probably was considered to be more productive. For me, it's not been amazing for my mental health.