Page 303 of 433 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Meanwhile the link above is still warning about a late flu season when people start going out and acting normal again.

:shrug:

I’ll err on the side of caution.
    People are going out with a vengeance, they've clearly had enough of being copped up. That flu is going to flaere up again.

Had the flu shot last season and probably will get one later on this year as well. Can't hurt by giving your immune system some work to do!

However, I have to wonder how effect will flu shots work during this pandemic... I thought scientists had to monitor which flu strain is in circulation and then make predictions on how it might move around... so if number of folks catching flu is so few now... how will they be able to make accurate predictions?

Always get flu shots if you can. Protect those that can't.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Always get flu shots if you can. Protect those that can't.
    Our lil' one, for whom there are no covid shots yet, can get some protection by getting his flu shots. Or at least that was what they told us last year when we all got the quadrivalent a/b shot.
    acket.

Administrator
    California "re-opened" today (except for public transit, hospitals, schools, and a few other assorted places where masks are still required). We went to our favorite restaurant for a margarita and lunch. It kinda felt like you were doing something wrong and going to get busted, but it was nice seeing the faces of the people who work there again. I know everyone who works there is vaccinated as are we, and pretty sure all the regulars are too. Viewer, I am not ashamed to say I got a little emotional.

Yeah, I have to say I have mixed feelings about this too lately. On one hand, I'm glad that we are getting back to normal and it seems unreal to see everything is trending in the right direction... On the other hand, I'm still scared of another wave due to whatever variant...

I can't wait for my daughter to get vaccinated later on this year, then we can probably ditch the masks altogether if we continued to have no 'waves'... fingers crossed...

Seems like the Delta variant is spreading pretty rapidly around various parts of the globe. More infectious, and possibly harsher symptoms. Good news is that the mRNA vaccines are still very effective (~80%), but if you only got one shot, it’s only ~30% effective. Been seeing this from various articles around, most recently heard on a PBS interview. Really wish we’d do a better job getting everyone vaccinated. Could be a rough “flu season” this year if we don’t.

Yeah we really need to be getting the rest of the world vaccinated yesterday for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is their health and the ability to get back to a somewhat normal life, but also so we don't end up with some variant upon a variant upon a variant that starts this whole cycle all over again.

I don't understand how it works but I'd have thought by now the major companies that developed the effective vaccines would have licensed the technology out by now so more could be produced by other facilities in/for other countries.

Corporations do not do things out of the goodness of their heart.

Junior Potato
    Not just corporations. The Australian government is actively blocking the ability for small countries like Papua New Guinea to licence the drugs to make for themselves.