Page 305 of 433 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

I'm not sure it's mystery. I think it's because you infer that the face will be good if the rest is well put-together.

True true.

Wife has been developing skin and asthma issues probably due to the air in LA, so I’m relocating to Seattle area around summer break… south of Seattle has became expensive and with lousy school ratings so we’ve decided to move further south to a town called Puyallup…

I’ve met my new neighbors and none of them are afraid of Covid. They’re super friendly and would just walk up to me without masks and shakes my hand. Luckily I’m vaccinated so I’m not afraid no more!

My next door neighbor John said his 2 boys both already got Covid, but he and his wife never got it. Tested a few times but always negative. He was hoping for a positive test so he could get paid leave…

That’s pretty weird, huh? How could kids get it from school and never pass it to adults? The two boys have since fully recovered and full of energy running around all over the neighborhood!

Next next door neighbor even invited me to a bbq last night. Awesome smoked tri-tip and tomahawk ribeye…

My little girl should enjoy this neighborhood well… just wish she could be vaccinated soon…

Anyway, this new neighborhood seemed way more conservative so it’s bit of a culture shock for me… American flags everywhere and almost everyone drives a big Chevy truck… hope I will get use to it. I do appreciate their friendliness, but their cavalier attitude toward Covid is really something else.

Another thing I’m worrying about is next year 4th of July my cats will probably be scared shitless because these people would spend thousands launching real exploding fire works off of the streets! I heard it’ll be like a war zone here!

My daughter and I will probably enjoy that though! She had been frustrated by all the firework restrictions in LA area!

Good luck, Billi. I've visited the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue area many times, and it's a terrific place. Very scenic. We have family in Lacey. It's such a great part of the US. I could totally retire there, (if I was American).

I always notice the cool summer temperatures in the Seattle area when I see a national map during a weather forecast. That would be appealing to me. I spent a week there in the summer of 2015 and I remember the weather being fantastic. Maybe I'll buy a summer home there. *adjusts top hat and monocle*

...a town called Puyallup...
    Ah, home to Warmoth custom guitar and bass parts! During some of my career low points back east, when I felt like ditching whatever crap job I had at the time and working for a company whose products I actually was interested in, I thought of moving there and taking any job they'd give me - even janitor. I can't remember if I actually wrote them and asked for a job or just thought about doing it. Probably the latter, but I still like their stuff.

For those who don't know, some types of electric guitars are easily assembled from parts of your choosing with little more than a screwdriver and a soldering iron. These guys make the good stuff: www.warmoth.com

Interesting, will have to check them out when I have more time...

Okay, sorry about that, I think I've derailed this thread enough for now...

Let's go back to our regularly scheduled covid programming...

Some people were upset at Nova Scotia's COVID border restrictions, so they blocked the only highway entering the province, thus... restricting entry.

That makes them very smart! Like Trump!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Well…