Page 312 of 433 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

If humanity doesn't disappoint, there'd be no need for Jesus!

I've kinda gotten used to expecting the worst, but still hoping for the best.

We will get thru this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I didn’t realize you guys(Aussies and NZers) rarely had a lockdown… simply closed borders?
    NZ had a HARD shutdown for four weeks, starting March 2020. As in most business and industry closed doors, govt paid the businesses for lost income. Closed schools. Closed the border. No travel allowed, stay at home (as in don't drive, but you could still exercise outside within walking/biking distance of your house) unless you're getting groceries, going to the Dr etc. Businesses declared as essential could stay open, but subject to lots of precautions. It was very weird, because I still went to work, but I was the only person at my workplace. Empty roads. One evening driving to my (now ex) partner's house 30km drive, I saw only 12 cars, nearly half of which were police vehicles, in a city of like 450k people.

Since then, a couple of short regional shutdowns where the virus snuck through the border (typically through people working at or close to border controls).

It has killed tourism here, but for the whole country, our death toll is 26 people, and our total cases of Covid ever in the country (including all imported cases in quarantine) 2786, as of yesterday.

Holy moly were we lucky that it is a left leaning government here who went "fuck the money, we're keeping people alive, and closing the borders".

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I saw a map yesterday (don't know where, sorry I can't link it) that showed vaccination rates of the US states. The south was a the lowest as a whole. Even other states that were doing "well" relatively speaking, were only at 50-60%.

I'm just shocked with how readily available it has been for so long now that we are where we are.

Yesterday I overheard a phone company worker in the neighborhood fired up with whoever was on the other end of the phone, and he said "I get the flu shot every couple of years. But I don't understand what getting the vaccine is going to do for you!"

I'm really, really disappointed in humanity. It's kind of soul crushing. The evidence and the science are clear and easy to understand.

As Billi said, we're going to be in for new mutations and variants for a very long time.
    I am not at all suprised at how low it is in the south. Too many republican science deniers down here. And speaking of vaccines, got my second shot today.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Holy moly were we lucky that it is a left leaning government here who went "fuck the money, we're keeping people alive, and closing the borders".
    Which in the end has been the better economical approach

It does seem that way so far. But this is all a giant experiment for the whole world.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    We're going to be taking booster shots for the next 5 years because of fucktards.

Or until we just get a new COVID 23, or some shit and start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    We're going to be taking booster shots for the next 5 years because of fucktards.

Or until we just get a new COVID 23, or some shit and start all over again.
    Yup. Why my mask is staying on.

Administrator
    Our new cases are continuing to climb (though not at pre-vaccine uncontrolled spread rates), but LA county is now reporting that every single person currently hospitalized for Covid is unvaccinated.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    I am not at all suprised at how low it is in the south. Too many republican science deniers down here. And speaking of vaccines, got my second shot today.
    Republicans? Nah, all the anti-science is News Corp's fault.

If you were a wee bit less individualistic, you'd have a Media Ombusdperson already.
    acket.

Dear NSW, thanks again for lockdown #5.
    Love, Victoria.