Page 315 of 433 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hey man, are you covid for jokes? 'Cause you keep trying to snuff the life out of 'em.
    There is a vaccine for that...

Really? Where can I get me some of that?

Junior Potato
    By pressing Alt+F4 before you post.

Too late, he's on a forever-high on his own supply.

Administrator
    lol

Yes, serving the most high God tend to give the side effect of forever high!

Anyway, I’ll try to stay out of your jokes in the future… assuming that I’ll actually get that you’re joking. Sorry for being such a party pooper!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 18th, 2021 at 09:14 PM.

Two cases popped up in SA today so we're going into pretty strict restrictions for a few days without fully locking down. No non-essential retail, masks indoors, outdoor dining only (it's the middle of winter) ... this could mess up my birthday plans unfortunately.

Here's another first-world problem that I shouldn't complain about, especially considering how many people have died and how many still will.

My daughter is playing softball this summer. In addition to going to the batting cages and playing catch as often as we can, she has a two-hour practice with her team once per week and two games per week. She really likes this (and, boy, can she hit the ball![/proudDad]). It is the most important thing in her life right now, since school is out for a few more weeks.

There are thirteen girls on her team. One missed the last two games because she wasn't feeling well. She came to Saturday's game, and then Sunday morning (at 5:15 AM!) we all received an email from the coach telling us that player tested positive for the coronavirus. Apparently she got a "quick test" that was negative but a couple days later some other test came back positive. I'm assuming her parents got the news on Saturday afternoon, after the game.

So now, even though this is a completely outdoor sport in which players are only close together in the outdoor dugouts when their team is batting, tonight's practice for the whole team is cancelled and we're told we might have to cancel our games for the next two weeks. That means our thirteen girls plus a similar number on the other teams we would be playing in four upcoming games may not be able to enjoy their sport for two weeks because of one person's condition.

It's easy to make assumptions. I'm trying not to do that. But, I'm wondering why the vaccinated girls and the coaches (who both are) can't still get together and practice anyway. I don't want to be "that guy" in the group email conversation - yet. Maybe someone else will ask the obvious question.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Got my first dose of Pfizer.

I hoping my internet is fast.
    There's a shortage of Pfizers, they're currently vaccinating with Astra-Zeneca, Sinovac and Cansino. Not having completed my vax scheme is making me a bit grungy.
    acket.

It might be OK to continue practicing if everyone (vaccinated or not) had worn and continued to wear mask at all times.