Page 320 of 433 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Our CDC has finally reversed their guideline to wear masks indoor even if you are vaccinated...

That's the problem with making guidelines/policies based on 'science' when there just aren't enough data to actually make sound decisions. When lacking data or in doubt, policy makers really should just try to play safe rather than be sorry later.

Of course, some just don't want to play it safe. They'd rather be sorry when they or their loved ones die.

The other thing that's annoying me is our school's push to have kids return. They used to give us options to choose either return or virtual..., but now they're saying all schools will have their students return... if you want online learning, then those online courses and teachers won't be from your regular schools anymore. So my daughter won't be able to see her usual friends online anymore...

We are relocating to WA, but was thinking to let our daughter to continue to virtual learn from school in CA, but I guess it makes no difference now.

Anyway, I just hope the delta variant won't continue to spread around thru the kids without vaccines. Hopefully schools will reverse their decisions before Delta gets out of control..., but anywho, who am I kidding. We'll probably only make changes when we begin to feel sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    We'll probably only make changes when we begin to feel sorry.
    Given history of almost every moment of the country's history, it is the true American way.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    People are going out with a vengeance, they've clearly had enough of being copped up. That flu is going to flaere up again.
    Yeah man. I'm keeping my mask on for the indeterminate future.
    Here we are!!!

Junior Potato
    Here we are!!!
    I mean, imagine Australia was one of the earliest to move and became one of the world's safest countries in the first 12 months of responding to COVID, and its population saw a real threat to the wildlands of America and it's lackadaisical policy.

And then halfway through the next year it was Australia that threatened to spread Delta to the rest of the world thanks to shitty neoliberal policy. Gee imagine that.

I am sorry that our policymakers' continued cooperation in this regard means that we still have to wear masks all the time.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 27th, 2021 at 09:04 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Not international, but to Anchorage so it kinda feels like it. Layover in Seattle, so essentially it's mask on from our door to our hotel room, that'll be a good 10 hours total. While I am pro-mask, I have also spent the vast majority of my time at home or outdoors over the past 16 months, so this'll be an endurance test as I find I hate wearing them.
    It was an endurance test. Masks required for the entire flight process (so all told, about 12 hours each way) plus also required for the entire train ride (8 hours each way).

I did it, but it did suck.

You should win a medal for that!

Administrator
    Well, the masks are annoying but it seems like the new mask mandate in LA might be working. New cases on a week-over-week basis appear to be leveling off. Also see that the UK appears to be showing similar numbers to what Israel recently showed, where case numbers had been increasing but the death rate had not presumably because the vaccines are doing their job of lessening the severity.

That said, I saw a lot of folks either wearing masks under their noses or not at all in both airports and on planes on my trip. Meh.

Administrator
    Well, not quite as good now. Up 21.7% from the previous week, but that's better than the 80% increase week over week before that.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; July 29th, 2021 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It was an endurance test. Masks required for the entire flight process (so all told, about 12 hours each way) plus also required for the entire train ride (8 hours each way).

I did it, but it did suck.
    . Add not being able to drink or grab a bathroom break for 4 or mouth hours at a time and you have the typical OR staff's life.

If you need any tips or tricks with masks, let me know.

Meanwhile, Missouri is a fucking cess pool currently.

Administrator
    Heh, I might just hit you up for that. I realize I'm being a total softy, but I definitely feel like it's a real adjustment.